Re: what should i do if my baby swallowed a piece of a cigarette?
How big was the cigarette peice? How old is the child?
If the child is very young, and has swallowed a lot, I would call the poison control center and ask.
If it's a small amount, and the child is old enough, I would have the child eat something and drink milk. Having other food contents will dilute the tobacco's effect. You may give him/her a spoon of pepto-bismol to avoid stomach upset.
Either way, I would use this as a lesson to you...Keep you cigarettes, and other dangerous things out of the child's reach, and even better, provide your child with a smoke free home.
I wish you well..