It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
(male)

surveyor2829 HB User
Consistently Vomiting Two Year Old

Hi, my son has been vomiting way too much. As an infant, he would have these horrible burps that sounded like a dinosaur and would throw up formula almost every time. We switched to soy formula and it seemed to help. As he grew older and we introduced different foods, he seemed to take it well, but sometimes he will launch his entire meal wherever he might be in the house. Increasingly getting worse, he is now 26 months old and his vomiting occurs between 2 - 6 times per week. Through six different professionals, a swallow study and an upper G.I., we still know almost nothing about the cause. The technicians at the upper G.I. saw reflux occur and pretty much diagnosed him on the spot and said "it will go away with time, some parents try baby antacids" then the doctors office in our hometown called (after evaluating the results of the upper G.I.) and said that it isn't necessarily reflux, that the berium he took for the procedure can sometimes cause that, and that they want to knock him out and do an endoscopy on him. I don't know what to do!!! He seems to be completely happy and fine after vomiting. It isn't always after a meal, sometimes it is before he eats, sometimes he throws such a tantrum that he causes himself to vomit. Sometimes it seems like his coughing provokes the vomit to happen. I hope there is someone out there that can provide some insight or possibly natural remedies to try. Please help!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread