It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

coeb106 HB User
Question 3 year old NOT eating

For the past two days my 3 year old daughter will not eat anything I put in front of her, even her favorite foods. She always eats fruits and raw veggies and she won't touch them. I made her blueberry pancakes for breakfast this morning and she wouldn't even take one bite. She said she wanted a peanut butter sandwich for lunch so I made it for her and not even a bite out of it. I ask her if her belly hurts and she says no, she just wants to play, read, or watch a movie. Should I take her to her doctor ASAP? Will she be OK? I'm scared and don't know what to do for her...PLEASE HELP!!

Old 04-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
(male)

khans HB User
Re: 3 year old NOT eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeb106 View Post
For the past two days my 3 year old daughter will not eat anything I put in front of her, even her favorite foods. She always eats fruits and raw veggies and she won't touch them. I made her blueberry pancakes for breakfast this morning and she wouldn't even take one bite. She said she wanted a peanut butter sandwich for lunch so I made it for her and not even a bite out of it. I ask her if her belly hurts and she says no, she just wants to play, read, or watch a movie. Should I take her to her doctor ASAP? Will she be OK? I'm scared and don't know what to do for her...PLEASE HELP!!
Well please don't get panicked... Its normal behaviour in kids. Check the following:

1 - Baby weight
2 - Monitor her intake for a day and capture the details
3 - Check/ monitor her constipation
4 - Consult with your nutritionist and also with your doctor once!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2011, 03:13 AM   #3
(female)

mackline HB User

My 3 year old daughter stopped eating over week and half ago. She had very similiar eating habits to your 3 year old before she stopped eating. I brought her to our doctor. He said she will come back to her self. I am very worried now. Has your 3 year old started eating again/

Old 05-01-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
(female)

coeb106 HB User

Yes, it took her about 3 weeks to get over it, but it was just a phase. She eats so much now even food she never had before. I'm not sure why she stopped, but she's fine now. As long as she uses the bathroom frequently and her weight doesn't fluctuate to much my doctor said not to worry. She'll come around. Good luck!! And let me know when she starts eating again.

Closed Thread