It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
(female)

single mom of 2 HB User
HELP I'm A Single Mom With A 11 Year old son who is complaining of testicle pain

he folks as i said im a single mom with a 11 year old son who is complaining of testicle pain i had to drag it out of him but he finally told me what was wrong i have made a appointment with his doctor only one problem his doc is a female and is in a solo practice so no option of a male doctor on top of this i was told by the office that i would have to remain in the room for the exam due to the doctor being a woman he is scared and embarresed to death he wants me to cancell itsays he will tough it out but i said no he has to go for the exam here is the question like i said he is scared to death and i dont know what to tell him will happen during the exam he ask me what would happen and i just dont know so are there any sigle moms out there or doctors or nurses that could help me out his appointment is wensday so any help is appreciated

Old 11-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: HELP I'm A Single Mom With A 11 Year old son who is complaining of testicle pain

I hope you will visit this site right away!

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003160.htm

If a male gets a twisted testical he needs to be seen within hours of the event. Perhaps you might want to see an emergency room, chances are they will have a male doctor there for him right away anyway.

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-10-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "QUICK reply" rather than "QUOTE reply". Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

pupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB Userpupcake HB User
Re: HELP I'm A Single Mom With A 11 Year old son who is complaining of testicle pain

Our (female) family doc was wonderful with my 13 y/o son with his 1st "real" physical. She explained what she was doing, why she was doing it, the fact that she has seen many boys privates, etc.

My son was given the choice of her or her husband, and weather not I stayed in the room. He chose her and me :-)

I would explain to him tonight why it is important that he be checked and that the doc is quite used to seeing men parts. Tell him it may be embarrassing but necessary. The doc will also help explain things.

Hugs

Pup

Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupcake View Post
Our (female) family doc was wonderful with my 13 y/o son with his 1st "real" physical. She explained what she was doing, why she was doing it, the fact that she has seen many boys privates, etc.

So it seems that he was seen today instead of waiting until Wednesday I hope?

My son was given the choice of her or her husband, and weather not I stayed in the room. He chose her and me :-)

I would explain to him tonight why it is important that he be checked and that the doc is quite used to seeing men parts. Tell him it may be embarrassing but necessary. The doc will also help explain things.

Hugs

Pup

Old 11-09-2010, 04:03 AM   #5
(female)

Donato HB User

Hey there,

I have a 10 year-old boy that had testicular pain last month. He had torsion of the appendix of the right testicle, which fortunately is different from testicular torsion, which requires emergency surgery (due to risk of losing testes function). The doctor was an amazing female doctor, i stayed in the room and my son was in so much pain he couldn't care less if she was a male or female. Talk to your son or ask him to read these posts, because he can't risk his health out of pure embarrassment. I don't want to scare you, but I had a friend who was in his teen years and he was suffering from testes swelling. He felt embarrassed to tell/show his parents. Unfortunately when another family member noticed the difference in size it was too late, he had cancer. I'm NOT saying that this is your boy's case at all, but I never forgot this true story because eventually he died (cancer spread to other parts). Just tell him healthcare professionals should be seen as sexless , they're only trying to help. In my son's case, tons of Advil, rest and 2 medical appts were enough to heal him (he's alive and kicking). Good luck! Any questions, we're here!

The following user gives a hug of support to Donato:
sjb (11-09-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to Donato For This Useful Post:
sjb (11-09-2010)
Closed Thread