It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
(female)

pwmom HB User
Lactulose vs Miralax

I have a 4 year old son. He was withhlding going poopy in the potty and as a result was very backed up. I gave him 2 liquid suppositories and I feel he is cleaned out now. Now I feel I need to manage his stool to avoid the back up again. He is currently on Lactulose. It did soften his poop (before his poop was very hard and probabyl hurt). However, i found that he was "leaking" all day long. We would go through 10 pairs of underwear somedays. He would feel it coming out and would run to the bathroom and try to poop in potty but then would just say "its stuck in my butt" and was not able to push it out. I call it "mush in the tush". It does seem like it would be hard to push out because it just sticks to his cheeks. Now that he is "cleaned out" I want to ensure that does not happen again but I also want to avoid the leaking. Does anyone prefer Miralax over Lactulose. I tried Miralax awhile ago but not consistently but found it made his poop gritty???

THANKS!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread