It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #1
(female)

slaughter17 HB User
Question Am I worrying too much?

My 6 yr. old daughter has had a list of symptoms that I am worried about. I tend to be a bit of a worrier. I need some advise. Do I take her to the doctor, or is this just normal growing up stuff? Here are her symptoms:

1- Headaches almost daily

2- She complains of leg pain daily

3- Bed wetting at night. No matter how much fluid we limit her, she still wets the bed. She gets upset about it and is very embarrassed. We have tried everything.

4- Not exsessive drinking of fluids, but enough that we notice. She seems like she is always thirsty.

5- She also eats alot. All day long she is snacking. she has her days when she eats a ton and then days when she hardly eats at all. I am sure this is normal for her age as she grows. It just seems weird to us.

6- Small for her age, she has always been in the 20th percentile. She is a tiny little thing and for as much as she eats she doesn't seem to gain any weight. She only weighs around 39 lbs.

7- She seems tired all the time. She sleeps when ever and where ever we go. She is known to sleep through firework shows!

8- From the time she turned 2, she has had these sporatic fevers that accompany a headache. Nothing has ever turned up infectious and they always go away and return monthly.

All these things may just be normal growing, and I may be freaking out for nothing. I will make a doctor appointment and have her checked out. We have been increasingly concerned since we tried (again) to help her stop wetting the bed. I have read that some of these symptoms could be type I diabetes. Has anyone here experienced some of these issues with your own kids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
(female)

vsmom HB User
Re: Am I worrying too much?

Youre not a worrier...just a good mom. Some of these things would concern me too. sometimes things are related so be sure to tell your doc everything and let them make the call.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lisamariemoon HB User
Re: Am I worrying too much?

some kids develop slower than others and wet the bed on accident till they are 9 or10 sometimes.excessive thirst,ha,eating all day and not gaining weight,tired all the time,these are classic symptomsof diabetes. sounds like her blood sugar may be either too high or too low,have her checked 4 diabetes,

Closed Thread