It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

vsmom HB User
2 year old SOAKING thru diapers quickly

Hi. I have always laughed that she has a bladder the size of a small car. This girl can seriously pee. But today she soaked thru about 4 diapers since 5 am. Every time I go to change her, her pants are already wet. She tests negative for diabetes. Anyone go thru this? I really need to potty train her but shes not ready and Ive learned its useless to try until theyre ready. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: 2 year old SOAKING thru diapers quickly

What size diapers does she wear? Could she just need the next size up? How much does she drink on a regular basis? Is she soaking through her diapers at night, or just during the day? Could she be saving up at night and letting it all go in the mornings/daytime (that's a good indication that she's getting ready for potty training.... maybe not quite ready, but getting ready). Those are all my quick thoughts on your problem. Maybe something there can help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
(female)

vsmom HB User

She soaks them morning noon and night. Shes in the biggest diaper they make. At night I put a pull up over her diaper and she soaks thru the pull up too. I actually think that I am really bad about offering water to her. I give her water at meal times but thats about it unless she asks which isnt often. Shes definitely peeing more than shes drinking.

Old 01-24-2011, 07:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User

Oh gosh, that has to be frustrating! Is this a recent thing, or has she always peed a lot?

Closed Thread