It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

wallacemommy HB User
Question 2 year old...FREAKING OUT!

I thought my two year old had a bladder infection so I took her in to the doctor to have it tested. They said she didn't even have one spec of bacteria in her urine. We drive back home only to get a phone call asking me to bring her back in right away for blood tests because "she had a very high and very abnormal amount of blood in her urine after they spun it". The doctor said she suspected it could be coming from her kidneys. That is all I could get out of them. So we get to the doctor, they drew three tubes of blood, and then when we were done they said they were sending us to a urologist to do an ultrasound of her kidneys. I am fine with doing that, but when I asked to speak with our doctor, they sent me her nurse. She said that they MAY be checking for a cist in my daughters kidney. I asked her what the blood tests were for and she just said ..."just some test". My daughter has been recently peeing her pants a lot, and complaining of stomach, leg, and finger pain. Not sure what exactly were looking for or if I am about to get hell dropped on my head at the doctor tomorrow. Anybody have any ideas what they'd be looking for but are too scared to tell me incase it ends up just being a scare?

Old 01-26-2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: 2 year old...FREAKING OUT!

It is typical for doctors not to make any guesses until the lab work is complete. They are not to scared to tell you, rather they can not speak to what it might be until they actually know.

In her case, there may be several possibilities, so instead of causing confusion, fear and jumping the gun they wait and see.

I would encourage you not to become overly concerned before you know what you are dealing with.

As a mother myself, I understand how anything to do with our children can be devastating, but this is a time when you need to be strong, your daughter can sense any fear you have.

I myself have severe kidney disease, and I know there has never been better understanding, treatments and medications available to deal with all medical issues, including any that your daughter may be faced with.

Please let us know what happens tomorrow, I am very interested in what you find out. Once you do, please let is help you cope with whatever it is. There is a lot of knowledge here, in almost every type of medical issue you can think of. We are here to support others who are going through things that we have gone though as well. Just to know that you are not alone in this can be a great help alone.

We are here for you...hang in there and you will know more tomorrow. Get a good nights sleep, and let us know tomorrow.

janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

wallacemommy HB User

Janet,
Thank you for replying to my post. Tomorrow we are doing the ultra sound. They told me we may not know the results from the blood tests till Friday. Hopefully at least the person doing out ultra sound will tell me something. I don't even know what to look for on the ultrasound, but hopefully they will tell me right away if there is something abnormal. I will d*****ately keep you updated!
Thank you again!

Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I am happy to respond to you post. I know how hard it is to have anything wrong with our babies, no matter the age, but at two, all the more. Anything I can share with you to help you get through this, I will.

I have had so many medical problems, and come through them that I devote my time to helping others as best as I can.

So, tomorrow is the ultra sound. They will likely looking for anything out of the norm. The tech that does the test cannot read them. Only a doctor can, and you will not have any results until the doctor reads it. When a series of tests are being done, usually there will be an appointment set up to share all the results with you. at once. I am sure this is not what you want to hear, as every day you have to wait is agony. Lets hope for Friday.

At this point, I would expect the best. Worrying is not yet called for. Use that energy for something else...anything positive. I am wishing you the very best, and will have you in my prayers tonight.

Janet

Last edited by writeleft; 02-16-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
(female)

wallacemommy HB User

Janet,
Sorry it took so long to reply. We did more blood tests, and an ultra sound. Apparently everything was fine. We went back two weeks later and they had her do another urine tests. They told me it was fine, but I got the results in the mail today and it said she still had blood in her urine...? SO CONFUSED! and Frustarated!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

wallacemommy,

I am so happy that you have returned with the results, although I can understand how frustrated you must be. I am not too happy with the way in which the results were delivered, the mail? Come on!

So, you are saying that your received a lab report back without any explanation from the doctor? That is unacceptable. Does he/she plan to have you into the office to discuss what these findings mean to you? Are you left to figure out what the next step is, decipher all the values on the tests and that is it?

Exactly how did they advise you of what treatment is recommended, or have they. It sounds like all my experience is out the window!

Will you please share anything you can about the results? I also have a lot of labs done with my kidney failure ( just today in fact ), so maybe I could help you read them.

How is the little one doing now? Does she seem to have any symptoms that you can see? I look forward to your reply.

janet

Closed Thread