It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

coopjan HB User
Lump in throat the size of golf ball

My 8 yr old daughter currently has a golf ball size lump in her throat, directly to the left of where her adam's apple should be.... Here is the history, please give me some advice as we are really worried....

1. When she was 4, she and her sister were play fighting and she was knee'd in the throat, it swole up instantly. I took to ER, did x-rays etc, they said it was a hymatoma and should go away.
2. It was gone for over 3 years. Then over the last year or so everytime she gets sick with sinus infection, flu, strep etc it swells back up.
3. In early Dec, she caught the flu, a week later we were back in docs she had strep, two weeks later back in docs with bronchitis and sinus infection, then came the lump again. It got bigger and bigger. (keep in mind every visit was more antibitoics).
4. Went to urgent care, they could not find any virus or infection in nose, throat, lungs... but did blood work and white blood cells were off the charts.
5. Went to ENT, put on another antibiotic and did a CT scan. Came back he said he only saw sinus problems. Put her on yet another antibiotic and steriods. And the bump started to go away.
6. WELL now ITS BAAACCCKKK! Went back to ENt 4 days ago, he said its a swollen lymph node. I told him this needs to be fixed permanetntly. It hurts her when she moves her neck too fast and looks horrible. IT IS HUGE and I am scared it will interrupt her breathing or something.
7. Doc called me back yesterday to bring her back in. He said either steriods again or maybe surgery.. But Surgery for what? they don't know what it is right? My mom thinks it is her thyroid.

Any ideas? comments? I am confused and it seems the doctors are not helping just medicating her with antibiotics.

Last edited by coopjan; 03-04-2011 at 07:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread