It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

aleese HB User
ecmo & side effects

My 6 years old daughter was on ECMO 3 months ago for 5 days. She has been recovered very quickly and has been fine, until starting to develope fever last tuesday, high fever on wednesday, I have to alternate tylenol and advil to lower her fever, then Thursday stay at the low fever, then Friday she was fine (but it's my turn to get fever and runny nose), but then on saturday (yesterday) her eyes swollen and she felt very tired (I guess that's lethargy?) and today too but no fever. I am very worried if it's her heart again?? or is she having pneumonia?? or something else?
Is it easier to get sick if she's been on ECMO? No doctor really tell me much, they all say there is no side effect, and she can go back to school and do anything but how can I believe that after what my daughter had gone through??
I am very worried, don't know what to do? should I take her to emergency?
what if it happened again? can she be on ECMO again?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

threeandahalf HB User
Re: ecmo & side effects

I'm sorry for what your daughter has gone through..my son had OHS at 3 days old. I'm guessing you figured out what is wrong with your daughter already..but in the future it might be helpful to find a support group for ECMO survivors (and yes, there can be serious complications from ECMO).

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 03-27-2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread