It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
(female)

Tysmom08 HB User
2 year old son sick?

Last week I had to take my son to the doctor and he was diagnosed with tonsillities and they put him on antibiotics. We have delivered every dose like it should and tonight he starts running a temperature of 102 and then goes up. I treat it with tylenol. What would be making the fever present after being on antibiotics for a week now? His tonsils are swelled and red again also.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: 2 year old son sick?

It is possible the infection didnt go away and he needs a stronger dose of meds. Recurrent tonsilitis sometimes results in children needing a tonsillectomy. I would definitely take him back to the doc. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread