It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
(female)

alanasmommy07 HB User
Daughter with tummy aches, headaches, and fatigue

my daughter has had stomach aches off/on x2 years, Headaches off/on x2 months, tired often x1 month. Doctor says everything is fine, but is it really?

Last edited by alanasmommy07; 04-18-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB Usermarisuela HB User
Re: Daughter with tummy aches, headaches, and fatigue

How old is your daughter?

Depending on how old she is, could it be a result of puberty?

If not.....

Do you remember if she have a sore throat, or swollen lymph nodes in her neck when it all started? Has she been tested for mono?

Those are the first two things that popped into my head when I read your post. I had stomach aches and headaches and random fits of fatigue when I had mono, and it lasted more than a year. Mine started off with a sore throat and swollen nodes, but I know of others who had mono and didn't get that. It could be worth looking into.

In the meantime, fresh ginger root tea is a great remedy for stomach pains, and headaches (and a whole list of other things), and can help strengthen the immune system to fight off whatever is ailing her. It doesn't taste awesome, but add a little honey and tell her to swallow it down fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to marisuela For This Useful Post:
alanasmommy07 (04-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
(female)

alanasmommy07 HB User

Thank you, I appreciate the thought, and I would consider that, but mothers intuition says something else is going on...My daughter will be 4 next month. When she first turned 3 she was diagnosed with Familial Mediterranean Fever (didn't put in my post because I knew I wouldn't get any replies), but headaches and fatigue are not symptoms. well at least thats what the doctors say. they also say her stomach aches are to frequent to be related. Been to GI, been to Eye doctor, everything normal. Symptoms becoming more frequent though...

Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

loconnell79 HB User

My 7 year-old has the same symptoms and has been having them for several years now. She tires very easily now and is becoming more and more emotional as she tires. We have now been instructed to monitor her Blood Glucose at home for the next week and we are to also keep a diary of her stomach aches, head aches, what she is eating, and glucose levels. Our daughter started having trouble with her vision last year, and we got her glasses- no improvement with the headaches.

I would start keeping a record as we are doing. Get a BG tester from your local drug store and check her when she wakes int he morning before she has anything to eat. Do it again prior to having lunch. And again 2 hours after eating dinner(a good meal). You should check her 3-4 times a day, and reord when you do it, and how long it has been since she's eaten. Really watch her foods. It's a good idea to give her a dinner meal with lots of carbs- to see how she processes the sugars. You can see what normal BG levels should be for her, although I hav noticed that the levels vary depending on the sie you use. This could be early signs of diabetes (pre-diabetes) so an A1C (HbA1C) test might be goo dto have run on her as well. The A1C is a good indicator.

The Following User Says Thank You to loconnell79 For This Useful Post:
alanasmommy07 (05-08-2011)
Old 05-08-2011, 06:52 AM   #5
(female)

alanasmommy07 HB User

Thank you for that information. That is something I will look into. My daughter is finally having an MRI done next Thursday, so when I review that with her Doctor I will ask him about that. Good luck to you and your daughter.

Closed Thread