It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User
3 Year Old with Large Poop!

My 3 year old has very large poop. I mean big around and long. When I see it in the toilet, I can't imagine how that could come from such a small person. I asked the dr about it and they suggested mineral oil in her juice. No luck. The last time I asked about it, they told me to get her some Miralax. All that did was make her gassy and we had 10 pairs of stained underwear in one day to clean. I heard about some Fiber Gummies so I give her those daily. Nothing seems to help. I also buy her baby food prunes. She loves to pretend to be a baby (like the ones who gets all of the attention at daycare) so she gobbles it up when I spoon feed her. Should I start giving her mineral oil every night with dinner? I feel bad for her. I know it can also be behavior related, not wanting to stop to sit on the boring potty. Any suggestions? Anyone been there?

Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Re: 3 Year Old with Large Poop!

You say they are big, but are they hurting her? My son also has large poops, and I can't believe they come out of him, but he never complains about them since they are soft.

Yes, I would re-examine her diet. Fruits are good to help soften poop. Also, it is summer and she needs more water. Make sure she is drinking enough, esp. if she is playing outside in the heat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Accutane2X HB User

Thanks. As far as I know they do not hurt her. I think it may be more a behavior thing.......not wanting to take the time to go. She has a good diet so that's not it.......she doesn't eat a lot of junk and eats fruit and vegs. But I will say she won't drink water. She very seldom drinks juice. When she is sick with a fever I have a very hard time trying to get her to drink anything since milk is off limits. She only wants to drink milk. All day and all night. I'm wondering if that has a lot to do with it also. Thanks again!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User

Well, if they are not hurting her, then I wouldn't be too worried about it.

On another note, my son has been constipated once so far, and it was because of too much milk. We thought he had a UTI because he kept saying he had to pee every second of the day. We didn't know what was going on. Took him to the doc, and no UTI. I did some research and found that he was constipated...pressure on his bladder, making him feel like he needed to pee all the time.

I then realized that he had had a lot of milk over a 4 day period. Like, way more then usual because we had been out to dinner several times and my husband bought chocolate milk once for the house. So, I then found out that too much milk can cause constipation. So yes, water is definitely better! Good luck!

Last edited by Belly Kelly; 07-01-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Closed Thread