It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
(female)

donnak88 HB User
Question Pale, Sweaty, Stomach Pain, BM, Dizzy (3 year old)

my son (just turned 3 in Oct) has had this happen 3 times already (about 1 month apart each). The third was today. He wakes up with stomach pain and has to go to the bathroom, as he is having a BM he turns really pale, weak and dizzy he gets sweaty as well. He is to the point of passing out and has no color in his face. So I lay him down and talk to him and give him a drink until he comes to. He is weak for about 30minutes after and then it's like nothing has happened. He is not constipated, his stool looks soft and normal. He also does not gain weight or eat well. He is at 24lbs. He is very smart and quite active.

*We called 911 the first time it happened, paramedics couldn't find anything so we took him to the DR only to have been told it is from constipation. Requested lab work be done. Results came back with elevated liver levels, so we repeated the test and it came back 100% normal*

Any ideas??

Old 11-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #2
(female)

donnak88 HB User
Re: Pale, Sweaty, Stomach Pain, BM, Dizzy (3 year old)

If it might help anyone with the same symptoms- these episodes are likely vagus nerve syncope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #3
(female)

rja009 HB User

this is how my 2 yr old has been when pressure from a bowel movement or gas pains hit him during the night. It is so sad and terrifying. Was this your research or doctor's suggestion may I ask? I think looking at a few sites before responding that it seems to explain it, I was just curious! Thank you for posting back! It is reassuring to know others are working on similar issues. I hope your little one feels better soon too!

Old 12-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
(female)

donnak88 HB User

This is my own research! The DR coulddn't find anything in his lab work,and he is otherwise healthy. I noticed that the few times it has happened he had nuts the day before. I think what happens is he doesn't digest the nuts properly and as he is straining to have a BM the nuts hit a nerve and he gets weak and pale and all that. So from what I read there is a trigger..like something he eats..Good luck with your lil guy!

Old 12-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
(female)

rja009 HB User

I think this makes sense. Thanks for the notes! I hope your little guy is doing better now. It has been a little while since he did it and I think mushrooms may have triggered it. He loves them in spaghetti but I think I will cut them out of his diet for several months. Happy holidays to you!

Closed Thread