It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #1
(female)

AmiJudeth HB User
Question Scaly Rash on Childs Face

My 8 year old sister developed a rash after a sore throat. It started on the left side of her mouth, then her right, then moved up around her nose. The rash is symmetrical. The sore throat lasted 2 days, no fever, and no stomach ache. Rash is red, rough, sandpaper-y, NOT itchy, and turned more of a whitish color after applying 0.5% cortisone (over the counter stuff) . A day cortisone was applied a light red hard bump has developed above her upper lip, left side. This was NOT painful, NOT Itchy. Then she developed a "corner split" on the right side of her mouth. the next day, while she was at school, one of her classmates noticed her bump was "greenish" and had oozed. She came home and it had crusted over. She had not scratched it, it just bust. The doctor says its a "cold-sore" but my mother, who conically has cold sores, says in the way it developed does not indicate a cold-sore. Its not hot, or itchy. No "tingle"... No cluster of blisters, just this one big hard bump.

I have scoured the web looking for answers, because personally, i think our family doctor should have looked into it a little farther into what my little sister has.

So... whats wrong with her?

Closed Thread

Tags
mouth, nose, rash, sandpaper skin, sore