It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #1
(female)

hazemi04 HB User
Angry Diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease

My son will be two in September 2012. He was diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease in May and was hospitalized. He was treated with IVIG and then was on an aspirin regimen after leaving the hospital. Leading up to this hospitalization he had two weeks of very high fevers (104 to 106), rashes, conjunctivitis, and extreme fatigue. Finally after 2 weeks of this his doctor ordered blood work and then hospitalized him. While in the hospital he started crying in pain and puling at his feet. This continued ever since we left. After he got out of the hospital he was back to his normal self other than the foot pain. His doctor said that it is growing pains. In the last week he started getting fevers again and has a rash. His skin feels like he has permanent goose bumps and then he also has raised red bumps that look like pimples almost. I took him to the ER and they told me that his blood work is normal. He does not have chicken pox. Most likely that he just has a viral rash. Before he was hospitalized I was told that he had a virus for TWO weeks... It's hard to believe the doctors now when they are telling me it's just a virus. I'm wondering if he was diagnosed incorrectly the first time and if this sounds like something else. He is starting to have all of the same symptoms as last time. I find it hard to believe that the rash, fever, and constant foot pain are not related in any way. Does anyone have some much needed suggestions of what to do???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread