It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
(male)

jacquez33 HB User
teenage son has pain in pubic area!

My son is 15 yrs old and weighs 122 pounds and in great shape. Right now he is playing football and works super hard! One night two weeks ago he complained of pain in the pubic area right above his genetelia and a little to the left. I took him to the Dr. the next day because he couldn't sleep that night. Knowing my son it really has to hurt for him to come tell me. So the Dr. ordered a ultra sound and the results came back negative for a hernia they saw nothing wrong. He felt it was time for him to come back to practice and do some conditioning, he completed 3 days of conditioning although he worked out with the team on Monday. He completed 3 sets of five reps of squates and bench. That day there wasn't any pain! He got through practice just fine that day also. But yesterday he didn't do anything in PE or sports lab and started feeling the same pain as the first night! He didn't practice and this morning he had no complains of pain. I did a little research and saw a diagnosis of osteitis pubis. Its known to happen to athletes. Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated

Old 08-22-2012, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

Danidoodle HB User
Re: teenage son has pain in pubic area!

My fiance started having this same problem and hes a mechanic so he lifts quit a bit so they checked him for a hernia and all this on monday and they called back tuesday and said that he has cysts with an enlarged spleen but he was hurting exactly like you just described. They found his by ultra sound

The Following User Says Thank You to Danidoodle For This Useful Post:
jacquez33 (08-23-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
(male)

jacquez33 HB User

The ultra sound never came up towards the stomach area they stayed down there where the pain was. So did they scan it on your fiances stomach? Im not sure if my sons ultra sound would have picked up something like that down in the pubic region........

Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #4
(female)

Danidoodle HB User

They scanned him from stomach all the way down.

Closed Thread