It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
(female)

Jaixox HB User
Worried Mummy

Hi all,

This is my first time posting on here so hopefully I'm in the right place I have a lonnnnggg story about my little one who I am quite worried about.

So around 3 months ago my 22 month old got a little under the weather, a bit of a runny nose, cough etc. sleeping a lotthen he got a rash all over his body I took him to the doctors 3 times the first time they said it was eczema or a skin infection and gave me cream I waited a week and it still got no better so I took him back and they said it was hand foot and mouth still no better after a week I took him back and they said he wasn't sure what it was and advised me to give piriton and it cleared up. He seemed fine for a week then back to sniffles and cough and sleeping lots too then got an ear infection. What concerns me the most is that he is tired all the time he sleeps from 7pm until 9.30am when I have to wake him up and still naps during the day for an hour or so, obviously I am reading all sorts of awful things that could be wrong!! The earliest I can get him back to the doctor is Friday. Am I worrying over nothing? :/

Thanks for reading

Jai

Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Worried Mummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaixox View Post
Hi all,
This is my first time posting on here so hopefully I'm in the right place I have a lonnnnggg story about my little one who I am quite worried about.
So around 3 months ago my 22 month old got a little under the weather, a bit of a runny nose, cough etc. sleeping a lotthen he got a rash all over his body I took him to the doctors 3 times the first time they said it was eczema or a skin infection and gave me cream I waited a week and it still got no better so I took him back and they said it was hand foot and mouth still no better after a week I took him back and they said he wasn't sure what it was and advised me to give piriton and it cleared up. He seemed fine for a week then back to sniffles and cough and sleeping lots too then got an ear infection. What concerns me the most is that he is tired all the time he sleeps from 7pm until 9.30am when I have to wake him up and still naps during the day for an hour or so, obviously I am reading all sorts of awful things that could be wrong!! The earliest I can get him back to the doctor is Friday. Am I worrying over nothing? :/
Thanks for reading
Jai
Dear jaixox, I think that you are worrying for something, not nothing, if after seeing the pediatrician 5 times & your son is not better. When you gave the piriton & he got better did you stop the antihistamine or did he get sick again even though he was still on the piriton? If the antihistamine worked to resolve the cold symptoms and the rash I would have thought that my child had allergies & that the antihistamine helped. Is he still taking piriton because it always made my children sleepy? Hopefully, the dr will be able to help more in finding exactly what is wrong this time. Im sorry he feels not himself esp b/c i think moms always worry!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread