It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
(male)

Rk84 HB User
Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

My Son was healthy when he was born and he was all well….it’s only after couple of weeks I and my wife found that he has cow milk allergy ….we have been to so many hospitals and more than us he suffered at lot …an adult would never fit in his shoes and experience that pain….. honestly nobody can come over the pain of those dozens of injections and repeated hospitalization….however after being hospitalized for seven times we final found a solution for his diet ..its Neocate LCP and we are feeding him on Neocate LCP since past four months ……we tried alternate diet along with Neocate milk but he is still not comfortable with it ….whenever we try something else like rice flour or just rice fining grinned, diluted and fed ,,,he start puking and goes dehydrated …….I want to know if somebody else is feeding their kid on Neocate and more important if somebody had fed their kid on Neocate and went back to normal diet ….if yes please let me know the time to time changes you made in his/her diet to go back to normal ……….I am writing this post with a lot of expectation and request you all too kindly share your experience with me …..thank you

Old 01-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

It is likely your son has multiple food allergies in addition to cow's milk. Some of these may lessen in time, but the cow's milk allergy will most likely persist. Be careful to introduce only one new food per week into his diet when he can tolerate it, so you know what food is the culprit if he reacts badly to it. This is so frustrating to deal with, but hopefully he is doing well on this formula and gaining weight. Many infants have immature digestive tracts and lack the enzymes needed to digest certain foods. As they mature, the enzyme production increases and they can tolerate more foods. Try to pick the least allergenic foods to add to his diet. Your Drs should have a list to give and to avoid to keep his GI tract from reacting. Some foods, like wheat, eggs, nuts, strawberries, etc are highly allergenic and should be introduced much later and very cautiously. My son had numerous food allergies as an infant and outgrew them all, but at the time, he was colicky, vomiting, having diarrhea, etc. and we were all miserable. Hang in there-it will get better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
(male)

dmoses HB User
Re: Kids fed on Neocate due to Cow Milk Allergy

Neocate was a lifesaver. He has milk protein allergy. We have had to go to the hospital quite a few times for dehydration due to a reaction and 24 hours of non stop puking. He is 6 now and had a reaction to something in bread (we think) recently. The Gastro says it's FPIES, but it's anyone's guess. They say they are supposed to grow out of it, but not yet. I know it's frustrating.

Reply Reply