It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
(female)

1612brianna HB User
12 year old son abd. pain

My 12 year old son has had abdominal pain (lower), flatulence, intermittent constipation, bad breath for several weeks. He has a history of epilepsy and is taking Lamictal with good control. Has seen pediatrician several times and told labs normal except cheese mold, IgG positive at 13.4, and cheese, cheddar positive at 10.2. His pain is worse in mornings and evenings. He seems to have a few good days of low pain and then wakes up crying with pain. Laying down with knees drawn up when has bad pain. He has always had a sensitive stomach and has had issues with daytime urinary incontinence. His incontinence is a small amount and he states does it notice when it happens. He has been worked up by urologist and told had spastic bladder. Do not think that is it or if it is even related to digestive problems. Last. Right after taking a bath he had a short spell of wheezing. Mild but noticeable and gone within 5-10 minutes. He also has been put on omeprazole 20mg. I do not know where to go from here. He has appointment with GI in one week. If anyone has similar situation or ideas please let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: 12 year old son abd. pain

I would be interested to see what other food allergens he was tested for. If he has cheese allergy, he likely has milk allergy and other food allergies such as gluten. Food allergies can definitely cause abd. pain and constipation. You can get a panel of about 500 food allergens at some labs, the IGG, not IGE, should be done. There are two antibody tests (endomysial and transglutaminase) that can be run for celiac disease, one manifestation of gluten intolerance. Since his ped. already tested him for cheese, I would pursue with him what else was tested and fill in the gaps. Also, you might keep a food diary for several days and see what correlates with the high pain days.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
danielparker60 (02-12-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 05:36 AM   #3
(female)

1612brianna HB User
Re: 12 year old son abd. pain

He has been tested for nuts, molds, pollen, pet dander, shellfish, a celiac panel, corn, h pylori, wheat. The only other lab they noted was low blood sugar at 57. I have been keeping dietary log since 1-31. We have cut out all cheese.

Closed Thread