It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
(female)

fiestylisa46 HB User
Question Grandchild ill!!

Hello everyone,
My grandson 3 up until saturday was like a little monkey.But sunday night he got where he couldnt breath we rushed him to the ER and they worked on him gave hime a greathing treatment and a steroid shot.All the exrays came back ok and they didnt say much on blood work but they did vile after vile.His pulse was over 140 and oxygen level was at 92 and i still dont understand it.they let him out today .with meds.He hasent had another episode yet but he is just laying around,its made me a nervous wreck.I think what bothers me the most is they didnt do no test on his heart.I dont know,i might be just paranoid now.ANY IDEAS what i could do.The hospital is small and not high quality should i take him to a larger one?This episode he had sunday scared me to death,i have watched alot of kids in my life and never experienced that.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #2
(female)

Ivorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB UserIvorygirl HB User
Re: Grandchild ill!!

Hi there.....I am so sorry you have such worries about your dear Grandson.

I happen to know that Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis is top rated especially for any conditions a child may have.

Perhaps it isn't too far for you to have your grandson transferred to in order to get a second opinion into seeing what exactly is going on.

I wish you luck in finding out what's going on so that your worries can be lessened.

~ Ivory

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I wouldn't think it would have been heart related. What meds did they prescribe? What was the diagnosis? Sounds like it may have been allergy or asthma related.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
(female)

fiestylisa46 HB User

Thank you,I have heard alot of good things about that hospital.Knock on wood he hasen't had another severe asthma attack since being home.god bless.

Closed Thread