It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

Kaseyjcf HB User
Red face Very concerned grandparents

Hi, We are the grandparents of a 11 year old girl. She has epilepsy (though seizure free for several years) OCD, ADHD and SPD. She has an IEP at school and is currently functioning on a 4th grade level even though she is in the 6th grade. She is very impulsive and at times talkative to the point she disrupts the classroom. Yesterday, a boy said a derogatory remark to her in the school hallway between classes, she took her book and to quote bopped him on the bottom. The boy and a friend nearby told the hall monitor that she had touched both of their bottoms. She was taken out of class, taken to the principals office and the police were called. She was charged with sexual harassment. Her mother was notified after the whole incident, informed that her child would have to serve in school suspension and that a report was filed with the police dept. This was all on the phone, my daughter was not called into the school while the child was questioned by at least 2 adults, and she was informed that her daughter told 3 or 4 different versions before she finally confessed to the truth. When the child got home, she was almost hysterical. She told her mom what she had done with the book, demonstrated to her mom how she did it and told her mom she was so scared of being questioned that she told them what they wanted to hear so they would stop asking her. My daughter refused to send her to school today and is planning a trip to the school to talk to the monitor and the principal. How can something like this happen to a coded child. Her case manager at the school was not even notified and when my daughter contacted him, he had no idea what she was talking about. Does anyone know what my daughter should do concerning this, anyone she should call, etc. Thank you so much. We are all full of anxiety and fear as to what lies in store for this child.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

Kaseyjcf HB User
Re: Very concerned grandparents

Happy update After another meeting with all concerned, turns out my granddaughter did tell truth. Much ado over nothing? Grandchild still very upset as she thought boys involved were friends. Just another example of people going way overboard before facts are truly known. Thanks to all who took the time to read my post.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Very concerned grandparents

Glad to hear that common sense prevailed I worry for this country sometimes with it's overreaction to everything. Happy it worked out well!

Last edited by rudiraven; 04-11-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Closed Thread