It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
(female)

clairexox22 HB User
Please help. 7 year old..

Hi everyone, Sorry for the long post in Advance, I'm looking for some help and Advice please. I have a 7 year old boy, About a year ago he started getting attacks which involved Headache, occasional fever with it, Abdominal pain vommiting, Lasting for only a few hours, Last october i took him to the ER, He had a fever, High blood sugar and ketones, We was sent home to go back see a PED, i have been seeing him now for 8 Months, and i dont feel comfortable, He had done full blood tests and a gentic test to check for Cystic fibrosis, diabetes test Thats it. My son weighs 17.6kg He lost some weight so at the minute we are still trying to get him back up to what it was in october (18.3kg) we have checked mailnutrition and have a dietician and theres nothing wrong there.. Our PED is saying periodic fever syndrome.. but i just dont feel it is, Its rare he has a fever with his attacks. On his last attack it involved pains down his leg, But again the PED wasnt interested. Well Just before christmas he came out in a rash on his elbows, Then it disapeard, but then came back on his knees. It will eventually go but always comes back. PED said Psoriasis,... We had our first Dermatolgy appointment the other day, and the rash wasnt completley there but luckily i took some pics to her She doesnt feel its Psoriasis and wants to put him through more tests for some rare diseases? Not sure what this can be. My instincts just dont wont go away, I feel our PED Has completley missed something, His appitie is great, My younger daughter who is 5 weighs more than him, In same size clothes as him, and same height as him. Anyone got any advice or been through similar. Im really not sure what to do.. No1 will listen to me at alll.
Thank you all x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread