It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Children's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
(female)

Pluck HB User
My 5 year old son has a rash... due to caterpillars we think

Hello if anyone out there has information about this I would appreciate it. Hello my son has a rash/red spots (flat) 1st saw spots on Tuesday June 4th..... around lunch on right ankle.... (not sure how many more as we did not check him) by night time on that ankle and both legs and a few on abdomen and on palm of hand ...... disappeared off legs by June 7th morning and faded on abdomen (little pimple bumps on hand)..... back to daycare for day......... Saturday June 8th morning started back on right arm.... spread to left arm and abdomen....1 or 2 bumps on one leg.......... faded over next couple of days then seemed to continue during the week mildly and by weekend more on abdomen, arms and legs and a few on neck...... faded off neck and arms and legs and are now still persisting on abdomen..... I think that covers it................
There has been no itch or fever or other so to speak of illness.
It continues to persist to this date.....Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: My 5 year old son has a rash....due to caterpillars we think

I have seen some pretty severe allergic reactions to the caterpillars that turn into monarch butterflies. I'm not sure if it the caterpillar itself or lots of pollen caught in all the little hairs being dragged across the skin. Allergic reactions usually itch and look more like hives- red circles with a small pale bump in middle. I would caution him not to play with them, and if the rash persists, get it checked. Some Benadryl gel on the rash may help it clear up faster. It is OTC and topical.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Pluck (06-21-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply