It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 09:39 PM   #1
(female)

ScoobyDoo HB User
Anyone tried Altovis????

I wonder if it really does work like it says. YOu can get a free sample on their website. I wonder if its safe. I really need to do something about this crap. My whole life is suffering, my kids, my housework. I cant get my house clean like i used to. Im just too damn tired, doesnt matter if i get 6 hrs sleep or 12. Im still soooooo tired. I cant take it anymore.

Has anyone tried this Altovis?

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Old 07-11-2004, 07:52 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
Re: Anyone tried Altovis????

Sounds like a slow-release caffeine (from green tea leaves) with other possibly healthier ingredients? Was wondering about it myself, and whether it contained caffeine when I saw it advertised on the TV. Am afraid we haven't any trial run with it, though. Hope there is someone who can answer your actual question. I don't think I'll offer it to my son. There are too many ingredients I'm not familiar with in it, and I don't like the idea of the long-acting caffeine, although he would probably think it made him feel better. I can already think of a few draw-backs. Caffeine is adicting; you can get head-aches if you discontinue it. It speeds up the heart, I would think putting some amount of strain on it. It stunts growth somehow (don't know by what mechanism it does so). And...possibly the most important "and", it tends to act as a diuretic, thus dehydrating us. In the long-run, then, if we ingested lots of it or had it acting on us throughout the whole day, we would need to remember to drink lots of extra water to combat the dehydration, or THIS would tire us out and do other damage! Most people don't remember to drink extra water, unless they are noticably thirsty. Just my reasoning against such a medication or supplement. Sorry I couldn't have had a more encouraging response. Maybe you'd still feel the plusses outweighed the minuses? ~ Tracy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2004, 07:25 PM   #3

luckychamp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo
I wonder if it really does work like it says. YOu can get a free sample on their website. I wonder if its safe. I really need to do something about this crap. My whole life is suffering, my kids, my housework. I cant get my house clean like i used to. Im just too damn tired, doesnt matter if i get 6 hrs sleep or 12. Im still soooooo tired. I cant take it anymore.

Has anyone tried this Altovis?

Any feedback would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
Hi! If u really want "energy," u have to talk to your dr. about Provigil, I dont' have nacrolepsy(?) (which its used mainly for), but I too was always so, so tired and talk about cleaning the house, doing laundry, I couldn't even try I was so tired, now, oh my, I can't sit still! I have so much energy, I love it! It is costly if your insurance won't cover it, about $8 a pill, I just paid $122 for a 2 wk supply but it is soooooo...worth it! Good luck! God Bless.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:35 PM   #4

slaninko HB User

I've tried Altovis. It did absolutely nothing for me. And what's worse is the company won't allow you to return unopened product that was shipped sooner than my month was up. They were awful to deal with. But be aware, caffeine doesn't give me a jolt.

Old 07-26-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User

No but it seems everyday there is a new commercial for something out, what is going on out there? What about knowing the persons health history??
I would imagine a product like this could cause some damage.
I was taking those Weight Smart Vit. with Green Tea and ended up having heart racing problems from the green tea. Be careful and check with your Dr. first. I have two friends who have ordered these infomercial products and you get locked in to where they ship it every month until You cancel. Both my friends said it was a royal pain!
I am just waiting to see what they will come up with next!!!
Are you too Thick, tired, no sex drive geeze!

Old 07-28-2004, 01:30 AM   #6

yuritaboy19 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anyone tried Altovis????

Im trying some isotonic drinks that are mainly used by sportos. For most of the time i suffer fatigue and tiredness but this sort of elapses over time with normal phases of well-being and normal awakeness.
This could be a sign of some form of depression of which i am quite familiar. Depression i read, can manifest in the form of fatigue or on the other end in the form of estreme anxiety and restlessness.
If anyone of you can relate with the former one, please post a message.

Closed Thread