It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 05:17 PM   #1

computris2 HB User
Question Oh so sleepy........

I thought that sleepless nights were the cause of me being tired all of the time. I am and have been taking Ambien for over a year to get the sleep I need. I am still tired all of the time and have had no energy for as long as I can remember. I have a good diet, and at least 7 to 8 hours a sleep most of the time. I keep regular hours to bed of a night and get up at around the same time every morning. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you, and if so....is their a problem? Need to know before I spend the money on a Doctors visit. Thanks!!

Old 09-11-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
(female)

2tiredmom HB User
Re: Oh so sleepy........

You could have sleep apnea. Ambien can be counterproductive for people with sleep apnea. Ask your doctor about doing a sleep study.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2004, 01:06 AM   #3
(female)

shakin-da-pain HB User
Smile Re: Oh so sleepy........

Quote:
Originally Posted by computris2
I thought that sleepless nights were the cause of me being tired all of the time. I am and have been taking Ambien for over a year to get the sleep I need. I am still tired all of the time and have had no energy for as long as I can remember. I have a good diet, and at least 7 to 8 hours a sleep most of the time. I keep regular hours to bed of a night and get up at around the same time every morning. Does any of this sound familiar to any of you, and if so....is their a problem? Need to know before I spend the money on a Doctors visit. Thanks!!
Dear Mom to tired: I had a problem with sleeping and feeling like I had no energy no matter what I did or how much rest I got. I went to my Dr. and he did blood work for my thyriod. I am so glad he did. Not only was my thyroid wacked out so was my cholesterol levels. You might want to get your Dr. to give you a good physical followed up by some blood work. That is where I would start. Hope that helps.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #4
(female)

2tiredmom HB User

Thanks! I have Type 1 Diabetes. My doctor has tested my thyroid and it is fine. I am taking zocor for my cholesterol. I had EBV last year and it is lingering. On Friday he repeated the EBV IGG test and did a Cortisol Stimulation test to see if my adrenal glands are burned out.

Old 09-12-2004, 11:12 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
Back to basics

But for CFS, CFIDS, 'gulf war sydnrome' the cause of the FATIGUE is not known to doctors. I suspect 2-butoxyethanol (ethylene glycol monobutyl ether) poisoning. The chemical is in lots of cleaning and degreaser products and affects housewives, mechanics, painters, etc.

So, I say to CONGRESS, The cause of the fatigue of 'gulf war syndrome' CFIDS, CFS & that of many many people in our nation for over half a century... is 2-butoxyethanol. And my theory is provable: blood in urine & red blood cells that are immature. If ALL in these groups have this, then suspect this chemical which causes autoimmune hemolytic anemia. (Your immune system is out of whack, & red blood cells are being prematurely destroyed, this is the blood in urine.) The blood work normally done, however, does not show this up. One should also keep track of the reticulocyte count & know how many red blood cells are being formed. Too many at first, and then not enough after a period of years.

Ask people, "What were you doing when the flu-like symptoms happened?
Were there burning and hurting eyes, too? Are there other symptoms of health damage, too?" If not, don't suspect this chemical. It does a lot more than just fatigue.

I would like to develop a study to find out if much of the diabetes in our nation is actually an indication of one's system being disrupted: endocrine disruption? Is there any grant or funding available for such? Doing a brief questionaire and a simple blood test & a simple urinalysis - ordered by a doctor who has seen you in your state ... from the lab nearest to where you live, & getting a copy of the results, should be all we need. And helpers to promote more participants AND tally results & share them. It would tell us the most for the least money. If you use a lot of volunteers, maybe no money at all.

I heard in 9-9-04 news that there was acute leukemia among the 1,000 troops in Iraq who have died. I think they should have tested for 2-butoxyethanol poisoning first which causes acute autoimmune hemolytic anemia. One worker of the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup who came across the Inipol EAP 22 unexpectedly said that he had blood show up in his urine 15 minutes later. THAT sounds acute.

This chemical can cause leukemias and lymphomas, central nervous system damage, glandular imbalance (most especially the thyroid and pancreas), joint & bone problems, etc. People should already have a urinalysis on file, so ask for a copy ... Start comparing your red blood cell count to your own past counts, not just the anticipated NORMAL range for society. AND next time you get your blood checked, ask for the size, shape, age and membranes of the Red blood cells AND the 'retic ratio'

I think that although this chemical harms many in the general population, it REALLY is an exposure for our troops ... & they don't know what to be careful of.

Last edited by Dear Maggie; 09-12-2004 at 11:14 AM.

Old 09-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #6

computris2 HB User

Wow! Being sleepy can be a lot of things. I'm not sure were to start. I think though the blood work would be a good place. I will take it from their. My weight has been climbing too and think it could have something to do with my thiroid. Just never really thought of it. (Till now) I have been trying so hard to rid myself of extra weight and nothing seems to work. Thank you all so much for your help. Take care of yourselves, and God Bless.

Computris2

Old 09-14-2004, 05:49 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
metabolic problems?

Weight gain can be indicative of metabolic problems ... thyroid also ...and thyroid all by itself can cause a horrible fatigue, per a friend who experience it. Later she also came down with kidney stones. The non-text book cause of kidney stones is a metabolic and a particular type of thyroid disorder.

Not to say that that is what you have, but it is a part of the chemical effects of 2-butoxyethanol (which I have studied.)

Old 09-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #8
Inactive

italys_finest18 HB User
Re: Back to basics

Hello,

I am writting this post for those that have been newly diagnosed with CFS or fybro. And for those that are open to explore possible underlyining causes.

Which as known CFS and Fybro are syndroms/conitions that are caused by an underlying illness. Weather you find the illness or not. In order to feel comfortable with being diagnosed with CFS or Fybro it's very important that your doctors take your symptoms seriously. CFS and Fybro should only be diagnosed as proccess of elimination. As the proccess of elimination gets to the end of negative results than CFS/Fybro should be put into place. Yet still it is very important once you have been diagnoses to still have regular checks and tests done. Many people have been diagnosed with CFS and Fybro and told by doctors to stop there search for diagnoses and that there is no help nesicary. And Then when patients persist further services thay are labled as Hypochandirachs. If this is you and You feel your body is giving you warning signs don't settle until you are satified. Just because they are "Doctors" dosn't mean they are always Right. It is up to "YOU" to be satisfied and comfortable with the doctor, treatments, service and diagnoses!

When a person has had a chronic illness for a very long period the illness hides in the body. The body's immune system now covers up the harmful bacteria, virus..ect. This makeing false negatives. Thats what happend to my body when I was diagnosed when I was 7 with cat scratch fever, I got that from a kitten. Either from playful scratches or bitting of the kitten. I was diagnosed with the bacteria batonella and told I would just need medicine for 4 weeks of antibiotics. 12 years later I had a relasp due to stress and pregnancy. I come up on many test false negative and have been diagnosed with CFS and Fybro. But I trusted my inner self and was not satified with my doctor and moved on. Bartonella is also a coiniffection of Lyme disease. You can come up positive on one test on day, and negative the next vary tricky on diagnoses. Maybe not all CFS and Fybro are the cause of Lyme disaese but a hudge amount of Lyme disease patients are diagnosed with CFS and Fybro before actually being diagnoses with Lyme. Now only 50% of patients with Lyme have the bulls Eye rashes, And if you have a rash, there is no need to for further testing. WHY? Because 30% of patients with the Lyme rash repeativly show up negative on the test.

INFO If you are curious:

Lyme disease is an epidemic status widley spreading and causing a hudge controversy. for more information on the contoversary theres a book called LAB 257. Lyme disease has been resarched and shown the carriers for the disease that you may catch it from are Ticks, misquitos, fleas, blood tranfusions and in rare cases sexually.

symptoms are:
server fatigue
migratory join pains
flu like symptoms
unexplained fevers
chills
night sweats
head achs
numbness
tingling hands and feet
swolland glands
sinusitis
enexplained hair loss
dizzyness
depression
anxiety
neck pain
poor memory loss
confusion
double vision
light sesitivity
noise sensitvity
diarrhea
muscle cramps
unexplained different rashes
burning in feet
muscle twitching
shortness of breath
heart palpitations
metalic tast in mouth
abdominal pains
chaffing
hives

There is many more symptoms but I am just giving you a quick look

there are also coinfection of lyme that you also need to be tested for you may have a negative in the lyme yet show up with a coinfection.

***Ehlichiosis symptoms***
fever
head achs
nausea
vomiting
swelling in extremities
diarrhea
stifff neck
loss of appitie
anfusion
general malaise

***Bartonella symptoms***
severe headach
muscle weakness
muscle pain
pain in bones
ancle pain
blood shot eyes

***Mycoplasmas symptoms***
fever
malaise
cough
chest pain
muscle weakness
muscle pain and head ach

***Babesia***

Old 09-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Dear Maggie HB User
I hear you, b u t ...

But what is the root cause?

These add on symptoms are the package of 2-butoxyethanol poisoning

So which came first, the chicken or the egg?

What is the limited definition of lyme disease?

Thyroid ailments have the same grouping of symptoms as 2-butoxyethanol poisoning does, basicaly what CFIDS and 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms are

Now, if 2-butoxyethanol is the root cause then check for the 'identifying marker' of 2-butoxyethanol: autoimmune hemolytic anemia (Is there blood in urine and are the red blood cells mostly immature?)

Not to say that the central nervous system diagnosis these get isn't accurate, or the thyroid diagnosis, or the immune system damage as identified by researchers ... or as you suggest, even lyme disease.

Closed Thread