It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2000, 07:53 AM   #1
Inactive

Jester HB User
Question How do you know you have CF?

I was wondering what the side-effects of Chronic Fatigue are. I have a condition called Candida and I have been told that it is quite related to Chronic Fatigue. I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me, maybe I may have CF not Candida. I appreciate any replies...

Old 11-16-2000, 03:45 PM   #2

Linda D HB User
Hello. Candida is a fungus. Anti fungal meds should clear it up. I've never heard of any relation between Candida and CFS. CFS is quite a different thing. Some people have abnormal lab values with CFS, some not. I have Fibromyalgia and CFS and my labs all come back OK. My FM/CFS was diagnosed after ruling out alot of other problems. I have been diagnosed with FM over ten years, but CFS is recently added to my diagnosis. I have gone from pain and unrestful sleep, but able to function(FM), to now for the past 3 years,total exhaustion with any physical activity(CFS). I know that Candida can happen when your immune system is weak, and in that sense, I guess CFS is possible. Sounds like yu need to discuss this with your doc. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2000, 08:27 AM   #3
Veteran

Scooby HB User
Hi,
I have been diagnosed with CFS, EBV, and Fibromyalgia. This has prompted me to read a lot of books on this subject. There was one book that suggested yeast (candida) was related to these conditions, however, I think it was suggestive. Luv Scooby

~Luv, Scoobs~

Old 11-22-2000, 07:27 AM   #4
Inactive

Jester HB User
Exclamation

I am reading this book, and I was wrong to say I might have Chronic Fatigue instead of Candida. I guess Chronic Fatigue is a symptom of Candida, not vice versa or instead of. I am sure that these feelings I have been having are symptoms of the CF. What I was really asking for in my first post was what are the symptoms of Chronic Fatigue? I am sure it is not only that you are tired, there has to be other signs that someone has it.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:40 AM   #5
(male)

nickj91 HB User
Re: How do you know you have CF?

Heya,
The major problem in diagnosing CFS is that no reliable physical tests can accurately identify it. This is why it is referred to as a 'non-specific illness' (which means no one has yet worked out how to diagnose it properly!).

Identification relies heavily on ruling out other illnesses first. This is known as a 'diagnosis of exclusion' and is based on simple blood and urine tests, and also, in some cases, on laboratory tests. These rule out conditions such as Thyroid problems, Anaemia, Addison's disease, Diabetes and Arthritis, any of which can cause similar problems to those of the disorder. Once that has been done a diagnosis based on the symptoms themselves can go ahead.

In the case of CFS/ME, the first step is to clinically evaluate the presence of chronic fatigue i.e. self-reported persistent or relapsing fatigue lasting six or more consecutive months, which is not substantially alleviated by rest, and which results in a drastic reduction in the previous levels of occupational, educational, social or personal activities.

Additionally, a diagnosis is achieved on the basis of four or more of the following symptoms, all of which must have persisted of recurred during the six or more consecutive months of illness and must not have predated the fatigue:
sore throat
swollen glands
muscle pain
joint pain without swelling or redness
headaches of a new type often referred to as 'brain fog'.
unrefreshing sleep
post-exertional malaise lasting more that 24 hours
nausea
gut problems often involving candida or yeast overgrowth
light/noise sensitivity
fluctuating temperatures
impairment in short term memory and concentration.

According to David Jameson, in his book, Mind-Body Health and Stress Tolerance, there are about 6 symptoms that are experienced by most patients:
Fatigue: 95-100%
Nausea:60-90%
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 50-90%
Sleep disorders: 65-100%
Sensitivity to light:65-90%

Hope this is of help. Good luck in diagnosing and treating your illness.

Closed Thread