It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2001, 02:06 PM   #1

kristis2 HB User
Post always sick!

Hi!I am just wondering what your first symptoms were that led you to be diagnosed with CFS.I am always ill,very tired and weak,my body aches,and I could go on forever!I have had my thyroid and blood sugars checked many times over the past 6 monthes and they are always fine!Does any of this sound familliar?I have a cousin who has CFS and she tells me that it sounds like I could have it too!I have talked to my Dr about it,but he just poo poo's it!Any comments or info would be much appreciated!Thank you in advance!Kristi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2001, 10:51 AM   #2

m_viknaraja HB User
I have had chronic fatigue for over 2 years now, and it appears that you may have it. Im very sorry.

Your symtoms sound v.familiar. There aren't any tests u can do to verify it.

I strongly recommend that u keep seeing your doctor, and ask to be referred to an immunologist at your hospital. It took me too long to get diagnosed. its very difficult because theres no proper way to determine if u have it or not. Just keep seeing your doctor.

If you are fatigued then u are fatigued. Don't let anyone tell u otherwise. Few people believed i had fatigue, they just thought it was in my head. But its not. And it not your fault.

As yet there is no effective way to treat it. You are going to have to learn to cope for yourself. I tried accupuncture, chineese herbalist allergists but to no avail. They may work for u. the following site may help [url="http://www.cfids.org/"]http://www.cfids.org/[/url]

if u suffer from anxiety get your doctor to supply u with anti-anxiety tablets. they may help.

If it helps try and ask your doctor to put you in touch with a chronic fatigue support group. Look in library or in interenet.

Good luck

when u come through it you are likely to be much stronger than you ever thought possible !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2001, 11:29 AM   #3

kristis2 HB User
Talking

Thank you so much for your reply!I am on antidepressants and antianxiety meds but all they do is stop my panic attacks and make me even more tired and weak!Thank you for the link,I will check it out asap!Thank you so very much!!Best wishes,Kristi

Old 06-07-2001, 09:47 PM   #4
Inactive

Cutebeagle2 HB User
Talking

Hi Kristie2 please read my post to please help me by Oregongirl it could be very well beneficial to you. Also do your own research
of vitamins the web has tons of sites and they have informative information.Hope this helps.

Old 06-09-2001, 10:44 AM   #5

JB* HB User
I went through the same thing and they kept telling me all the blood tests were "normal" The "normal" range for thyroid just doesn't cut it these days. A lot of women need to have a TSH of under 1 to feel good. The normal range is .3-5.5 depending on the lab. Get a copy of your lab results and check this out. Lots of info on the thyroid board.
JB

Old 06-12-2001, 08:00 PM   #6

kristis2 HB User
Thanks for your replies!I've had my thyriod checked and nothing!Hmmmm back to the drawing board!Thanks for the vitamin advice!!Kristi

Old 06-19-2001, 12:40 PM   #7

butterfly1012 HB User
Wink

I have suffered with this for several years and was finally diagnosed with active mono. My dr. prescribed celebrex and flexeril for my joint pain and chronic stiff neck. I also just gave in to the fatigue and slept all day every saturday for several months. I finally feel pretty normal and am on meds when needed. Hang in there!

Old 06-19-2001, 12:42 PM   #8

butterfly1012 HB User
Wink

I have suffered with this for several years and was finally diagnosed with active mono. My dr. prescribed celebrex and flexeril for my joint pain and chronic stiff neck. I also just gave in to the fatigue and slept all day every saturday for several months. I finally feel pretty normal and am on meds when needed. Hang in there!

Old 06-29-2001, 03:51 AM   #9
Inactive

James Michael Howard HB User
You may have an allergy to milk. I removed all milk products from my diet. It helped tremendously. When I reintroduce ice cream for a couple of days, the depression and fatigue come right back. It is very reproducible. Give it a try; it changed my life. If it is part of your problem, it will take a couple of days of abstinence to begin to feel a difference.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:35 PM   #10
(female)

singer67 HB User
Exclamation Re: always sick!

Hi, I have been getting sick every winter ever since i was 8. I have to get IV's because im dehydrated. But the thing is I drink tons of water each day. Can u help me out?

Old 11-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #11
(male)

karateguy HB User
Re: always sick!

Kristi,

I've been dealing with CFS for 10 years now and I still run across doctors who say it's all in my head. Luckily there are medical professionals out there who know i'ts a real disease.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #12
(female)

KIMBEE HB User
Re: always sick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristis2
Hi!I am just wondering what your first symptoms were that led you to be diagnosed with CFS.I am always ill,very tired and weak,my body aches,and I could go on forever!I have had my thyroid and blood sugars checked many times over the past 6 monthes and they are always fine!Does any of this sound familliar?I have a cousin who has CFS and she tells me that it sounds like I could have it too!I have talked to my Dr about it,but he just poo poo's it!Any comments or info would be much appreciated!Thank you in advance!Kristi
I feel like I am reading my own story, I am always fatiqued, and feel like staying in bed alll day, I am miserable amd dont know what to do, My tests also all come up fine, I feel hopeless. I am always always sick. almost daily I have absolutly no energy at all. I feel so bad I have a 8 year old and her mother is always in bed sick. Is there any help at all out there? What about this drug Provigil I keep reading about? Any one had luck with it? God bless you so much I am in your exact situation and know exactly how you feel . If you find any relief please share, Good luck to ya!

Closed Thread