It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

TheHaplessChild HB User
hello...i am new here and have CFS

hello,
i have had CFS for the last 18 years of my life. i had an extremely bad case of MONO. at 18 and never recovered fully...suffering 2 relapses...the Mono, is active again and it is very disheartening...would just like to talk and touch base with others who are house bound and maybe we could compare strategies for beating this horrible problem? thank you for reading this post.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
(female)

katly HB User
Re: hello...i am new here and have CFS

I'm new here too, but have CFS and am learning to "deal" with it. I tested positive for Ebstein Barr, but have just recently figured out that I probably had Mono at the same time my daughter, who was six at the time, had it. I simply did not have the time to stop and realize why I was so exhausted. I remember laying on the sofa knowing I needed to get up and do something with the kids on one Saturday and feeling like I was walking in water going up river! it was horrible! I also held down a full time job that was 10 hours a day so just figured it was just life. It's actually a releaf to know it's not just in my head! Would not mind "comparing notes"!

Last edited by katly; 09-03-2005 at 09:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Hapless, so sorry to hear of your plight. I'm still in the process of being diagnosed, but definitely am symptomatic and fit the category.

Glad to have you here.

Kali

Old 10-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

hi, i think i may have cfs as well. I was tested for glanduler fever but came back negative. However, i am soooo tired alwasy run down very dizzy headaches. Been 7 weeks now. After i sleep i still do not feel ;like i have had any. Some days i don't feel too bad but others i do. It all started when i became a bit depressed with college. The fatigue came on suddenly and hasn't got away since.

ANy ideas?

Do you think i have cfs?

All my blood test results were ok!

Old 11-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaplessChild

hello,
i have had CFS for the last 18 years of my life. i had an extremely bad case of MONO. at 18 and never recovered fully...suffering 2 relapses...the Mono, is active again and it is very disheartening...would just like to talk and touch base with others who are house bound and maybe we could compare strategies for beating this horrible problem? thank you for reading this post.

Welcome!
My CFS also started about having a terrible case of mono I never got over, although I had Chronic fatigue "tendancies" since the age of 16 (I am 22 now). My life has completely changed, and my health is about 40% of what it used to be. Besides going the grocery, going clothes shopping occasionally and ocasionally visting a friend, I am "house bound."

Old 11-02-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Hi everyone, welcome to all the new ones, too,
Chrissy, as you mentioned more of your symptoms, that's how mine started with dizziness, vertigo, dropping (hypoglycemic type of issue), couldn't get to the deep sleep, nor did I feel rested in the morning, felt like I was treading backwards...

When the tests were done for any Infectious diseases, EBV showed as acute infection along with active chronic infections of Mycoplasma Pneumonia, Cytomegolovirus, HHV6, and Candida.

I found out from my doctor these active infections are due to a Compromised Immune System found in CFSIDS. Our immune system normally keep these viruses at bay (dormant) when healthy. However, when there is a problem with the adrenal gland it causes the immune system to not function which in turn causes the viruses to run rampant through our bodies. At the cellular level of the body meaning blood, tissue and joint level including the CNS, starting in the brain.

Here's an FYI: We do not infect other people when these are showing active with in us.

Anyway, too much info is hard to follow, so I'll close for now and wish you all peace and endurance to continue finding the good in this journey, uvm

Old 11-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #7
(male)

Sureshot HB User

Hello hapless child i am very sorry to hear of you prolonged pain, even had it for longer than i've been alive. I've had CFS since about Mid 2003 1 year before i took my GCSEs missed 4 months off school before my exams so i studied at home for just a week before (even that was hard!) still passed my exams thankfully.

Learning so much on here.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:00 PM   #8
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

hi sureshot sorry to hear about your problem i also took my GCSE last year. If you want to tlak im always here

Closed Thread