It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

loem HB User
gland problems in CFS

hey. i was wondering if anyone else with CFS/ME suffered from bad pains in their neck and what medication/action they take for it?

I have had CFS/ME for 2 years, but over the last 8 months i have been attending hospital-run sessions where we learn about the condition/taught about graded exercize. Although i know this does not help everyone, i have found that i am certainly not as tired as i used to be, i can do more things without getting tired also. However, my neck is still as sore as ever, and is the only thing not improved, but perhaps even worse than it was. In my neck i can feel the lymph nodes, and i know they are abnormally larger than they should be. i also feel a burning sensation in that part of the neck, and they are always sore. My doctor prescribes me things like co-codamol (which does absolutely nothing) and just keeps telling me to go back if the problem persists, which it does.

If anyone can help, or recommend an idea of what direction i should be going in to sort this then please do, is anyone else experiencing simular pains/sensations?! Here are some other things if they help: pain is on the left hand side of the neck more than the right hand side, i had glandular fever just over 2 years ago, pain worsens heftily wen i get a cold.

Thanks very much
Loe.m

Closed Thread