It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

wandaer HB User
Question help please

The doctors around here are not any good so if someone could give me information it would be good. I need to know what kinds of vitamins help fatigue. i have been taking a multi-vitamin with good b's in it but it doesnt work and have also just started taking vege greens. Could anyone help to tell me which vitamins or supplments work the best and how long they take to work. I have been suffering for 2 years and have a very hard time to stay awake through the day and barley ever have a good day. i sleep 10 hours a night and it still isnt enough, it has effect being able to work so my husband has to work alot of hours to pay the bills, and also i have tochildren to look after. So any help would be a bonus to start feeling a little better.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User
Re: help please

Hi,
Unfortunately, no vitamins really help that much with mono/CFS. I have tried them all! I do however take a good multi vitamin, extra calcium, antioxidants (try Andrew Lessman's "Fruit Full" antioxidant supplement) Omega 3/6/9 complex, and I drink a lot of yogurt smoothies and those oh-so-expensive 100% fruit smoothies/drinks you find in the health food section.

About B-Vitamins..I have been told that for SOME people with CFS, too many b-vits can increase fatigue. Try it and see. Was even told that a perfectly healthy person started taking mega b-vits and he got terrible fatigue from them, which went away when he discontinued them.

I find it is also important to get enough protein, which is hard for I don't eat red meat and rarely eat chicken, but eggs and those yogurt smoothies have a lot of protein in them. GREEN VEGGIES!! V-8 Juice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Hi,
Unfortunately, no vitamins really help that much with mono/CFS. I have tried them all! I do however take a good multi vitamin, extra calcium, antioxidants (try Andrew Lessman's "Fruit Full" antioxidant supplement) Omega 3/6/9 complex, and I drink a lot of yogurt smoothies and those oh-so-expensive 100% fruit smoothies/drinks you find in the health food section.

About B-Vitamins..I have been told that for SOME people with CFS, too many b-vits can increase fatigue. Try it and see. Was even told that a perfectly healthy person started taking mega b-vits and he got terrible fatigue from them, which went away when he discontinued them.

I find it is also important to get enough protein, which is hard for I don't eat red meat and rarely eat chicken, but eggs and those yogurt smoothies have a lot of protein in them. GREEN VEGGIES!! V-8 Juice.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:55 AM   #4
(female)

wandaer HB User

thats good to know about the vitamins so can this chronic fatigue take along time before you feel like a sane person again cause right night my brain is foggy and thats the worst feeling ever to have. what a sickness to get i tell you.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:34 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandaer
thats good to know about the vitamins so can this chronic fatigue take along time before you feel like a sane person again cause right night my brain is foggy and thats the worst feeling ever to have. what a sickness to get i tell you.

I have had the "brain fog" along with the horrible fatigue for over a year. It comes and goes. I find that if I don't keep my mind sharp by reading and doing crossword puzzles, something like that, then I just can NOT concentrate when it is necessary to do so. I really feel like my IQ has dropped 10 points since I got CFS because some simple things in school are hard for me sometimes just because I can't concentrate and I can't seem to "grasp" concepts at times. I can't tell you how long you will feel this way...can you find a GOOD doctor, even ifyou have to travel? you said the dr's in your area aren't good...
Also...AVOID STRESS....it makes my fatigue SO much worse..and make sure you sleep more than the recommended 8 hours..drink lots of fluids...eat well...try and sit out in the sun for 10 mins or so while summer is still around...
There is also a supplement called "FATIGUED TO FANTASTIC" that I took for a while...you might want to do a search and look it up online.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:47 AM   #6
(female)

wandaer HB User

Will have to check that supplement out.Thanks for the info will try to stay away from the stress whick could be interesting with two young children but there are ways im sure i can work on it. I do know that know im not working and kisd are in school so i will have more time to excercise my mind by reading. By the way isnt that brain fog the pits i get it so bad its effects the eyes.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandaer
Will have to check that supplement out.Thanks for the info will try to stay away from the stress whick could be interesting with two young children but there are ways im sure i can work on it. I do know that know im not working and kisd are in school so i will have more time to excercise my mind by reading. By the way isnt that brain fog the pits i get it so bad its effects the eyes.

Wandaer

Have you had a complete physical to rule out all other health problems? Thyroid, high blood sugar/diabetes, infection, anemia, ect? Did you ever test positive for MONO or Epstein Barr? (sorry if you already answered this, I couldn't remember...)or did a doctor just tell you they think you have CFS? because that is usually the last diagnosis any doctor will give.

Old 09-15-2005, 06:50 PM   #8
(female)

wandaer HB User

I have not been tested for mono or epstein bar. i have had complete physical and blood work was fine, i do have polycystic ovary syndrome, i have had a EEg,mri done and they came back fine. So there is nothing else to suggest where the fatigue comes from because im pretty healthy other wise besides this problem of being tired all the time and have a real hard time staying up through the day.

Old 09-30-2005, 07:10 AM   #9
(male)

stud50 HB User

Wandaer, (and any one else with CFS) while I do not suffer from this ailemant, I have read and seen some interesting results that doctors in Europe are having with Primrose Oil which is easily aquired over the counter.

Peter Behan, M.D., of Glasgow University in Scotland, has performed two controlled clinical trials in which he compared the effects of evening primrose oil with a placebo. He found marked clinical improvement in 85% of those with CFS who took controlled doses of evening primrose oil, as reported the Winter 1994 issue of CFS Update, a publication of the CFS Research Foundation.

Although the researchers are uncertain how the essential fatty acids found in evening primrose oil, produced their effect, they noted that these essential fatty acids are decreased in patients with severe Epstein-Barr virus infections. There were no adverse side effects from taking evening primrose oil.

Hope this is helpful, good luck

Closed Thread