It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User
Disautonomia

Dear friends,

New to this area of this board. Have normally been posting in the adrenal area. Had a question that arised from an appointment my son just had. How many of you have ever investigated whether, or been told, that disautonomia or POTS could be at the root of your problems? With the doctor bringing it up as a possible diagnosis for my son, I researched it, and found it to sound incredibly like CFIDS! Am looking for more info about it, as there aren't many books to be had in the book store about it. Also, thought it might help some of you who don't see any improvement and perhaps do not even have a definitive diagnosis yet, as WE don't! Best wishes, ~ Tracy

Old 09-20-2005, 03:40 PM   #2

Atthis HB User
Re: Disautonomia

I am currently in the process of getting tested for disautonomia/POTS, and think it is very likely the (or a) major cause of my problems. A lot of people with CFS, I have read, do have orthostatic intolerance as one of their symtpoms. I also noticed that the two illnesses share many symptoms.

-Atthis

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Kerly,

It's one of the proposed theories of etiology for CFIDS. As Atthis said, many folks with CFIDS have the problems associated with dysautonomia; whether they be the cause of the CFIDS or a result of it - I there there is certainly a relationship there.

I've found - in talking with folks who have CFIDS - that not everyone knows about this relationship, even though most have had the problems associated with it. Thanks for bringing this to the forefront!!

Kali

Old 10-17-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Keraly HB User

Thank you! Well, if they don't know about the relationship, it makes me fear that their aldosterone has never been tested, either, and they do will not receive help with hydration and in making sure they have the blood volume they need to avoid the postural hypotension! That's a shame. At least if they had the Florinef, ONE symptom would be helped! Thanks for replying! ~ Tracy

Closed Thread