It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User
Bothrops

Hey Derik,

Haven't heard from you in a while. How're things going? Are the antibiotics helping at all. I have a few things to post to you, but have to look up the references first.

Saw a terrific Rheumatologist today, and (as suspected) got the official CFIDS diagnosis. I'm busy, busy with school, but wanted to drop you a line.

Kali

Old 10-02-2005, 07:10 AM   #2
(male)

damz68 HB User
Re: Bothrops

Hey Kali, Things are going pretty much the same. Latly I have been having an increase in burning pain, it is very uncomfortable. It looks like I will be losing medicaid soon but I know I will be able to continue treatment with some other financial help. Even though our government is not up to helping people in need, the people here are.

Do you know of any alternative drugs that may reduce EBV, CMV, and HHV-6?
Also, I have been having problems with the glands under my jaw hurting and swelling, what causes this?

Thanks for posting me Kali. I guess you are feeling better to be able to handle all that responsibility.

Derek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Well, helllllooooo there, you! ;-)

I'm sorry about your non-progress! I've been thinking about you and Natasha and folks here even though I can't come back and talk often. I miss the conversations.

I was having burning pain in my hands continously for months. I'd have it occasionally in my feet when they'd get unbearably cold. I was found to have mild hypothyroidism (TSH 4.7) and talked to my new doc about getting Synthroid. He agreed to put me on it. I was taking 75mg DHEA at the time and within about 2 weeks the burning was GONE. I then stopped the DHEA in order to do some more hormone testing and the burning came back! When I restarted the DHEA, (still taking the thyroid meds) it again left. I think taking BOTH meds boosts my system and circulation enough that it helps with this problem.

My neighbor takes an herbal thyroid supplement that she says helps her. I forget the name, but will try to find it for you.

May I ask, why are you about to lose medicaid? Did new legislation come out that will take you out of eligibility? That sucks. I'm glad you have folks who will help though!

With the viral stuff, I have not found any literature which supports antiviral medication or any treatment. Instead, the CFS info I've found supports trying to boost your immune system. Now the next stuff is off the top of my head, because I don't remember exactly what the research said to use these for, but green tea as well as SAMe is suppose to be beneficial. You might want to look into those.

The swollen lymph nodes is probably from inflammation response caused by the chronic viruses. Do all the things you'd normally do if sick to get well - rest as much as you can, but also get some time outside if you have the energy (go for a nice very slow walk). Drink things that make your throat feel better (whether that's soup or tea, or cold things like fruit slushies or frozen pops). I get the symptoms you're complaining about when I start getting run-down again and start into a flare.

This semester is much better, but it's easier, PLUS, I'm just making taking care of myself an absolute PRIORITY. I try to stay on top of my schoolwork, read all the assignments, get my papers done, etc. and not get behind. Unfortunately, that means staying offline most times, because if I come here all I want to do is post.

Are you still taking the antibiotics? what is Dr. J's office telling you at this point. I still maintain an interest in that, though I still don't know if that's the answer.

I talked to one of my superiors and she mentioned that I would probably not be able to stay in the military. It's yet another blow, but we're dealing with it. I mean, what else can we do - ya know?

Hang in there. Miss chatting with ya.

Kali

Last edited by Kali M; 10-02-2005 at 08:49 AM.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
(male)

damz68 HB User

Man Kali, feel like crap today! I am burning everywhere. I went outside for about 30 minutes, my 4 year old boy was having a temper tantrum. I get this confusion feeling every time my kids get bad. Just 30 minutes outside my back starts sweatin. I guess that would be normal if it were hot and I was 300+ pounds but it is like 75 and I am about 175.

I am going to lose medicaid because my wifes job pays more than the min. Sometimes you are better off to be dirt poor. If you make just enough to pay the bills you wont get help. I dont know if I will find help but it seems to be out there if you can speak up.

I could be wrong but I dont think the glands I am speaking about are lymph nodes. Lymph nodes are found behind the jaw and at the neck. Whatever these are they are under my jaw about 2" from the very front. They are like tucked up under my teeth. Here lately every time I get a headahe these glands are hard and painful. Please let me know if they are considered lymph nodes.

I am still on abx. taking IV zithromax, clindomycin, oral mepron and oral flagyl. That is alot of abx in a day. I am beginning to wonder if the last three days is some kind of a herx.

Thanks for hearing me whine, you are an angel.

Derek,
Go Astros!

Old 10-02-2005, 08:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Kali M HB User

Derek,

This is going to be very quick (I'll come back and post a longer one later) - I was on my way to bed; gotta get up early tomorrow.

I get horrible brain fog when I go off the DHEA, as well as whenever I get a "flare" - any stress will make me flare - even the good stress.

Sorry about the medicaid.

Those ARE lymph nodes. The chin, neck, around the ears, back of the head are covered with them. The ones you're talking about are called the submental nodes. You typically can find a pic of a diagram of lymphatic system and you'll see them. My lymph nodes get somewhat swollen and painful when I get stressed or have been going at it too much.

You've been on the anbx for a while, though, right? I never knew enough about herxing to know when that would occur, but it might be.

No problem with the whining. I thought that was just normal for SC men. ;-) lol.

Hope you get to feeling better. Will chat later (perhaps later in the week - busy schedule through Wed night).

Kali

Last edited by Kali M; 10-02-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Closed Thread