It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
(female)

spriggy HB User
Chronic fever and "heavy head/fog feeling"

I have been diagnosed with Epstein Barr and also they are looking into Lupus and have suggest CFS.

I start running a fever every day about 6-7 hours after I wake up-- it's almost like clockwork.

I run between 99.5-100.5

In this time frame, I start feeling very "flulike", often my wrists throb with pain, and I get this really weird (hard to describe) "heaviness" in my head feeling.

I feel like there's weight in my head- like a magnet almost and I also feel like I'm in a fog.

Does anyone else do this?

Old 10-07-2005, 05:12 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Chronic fever and "heavy head/fog feeling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggy
I have been diagnosed with Epstein Barr and also they are looking into Lupus and have suggest CFS.

I start running a fever every day about 6-7 hours after I wake up-- it's almost like clockwork.

I run between 99.5-100.5

In this time frame, I start feeling very "flulike", often my wrists throb with pain, and I get this really weird (hard to describe) "heaviness" in my head feeling.

I feel like there's weight in my head- like a magnet almost and I also feel like I'm in a fog.Does anyone else do this?
CFIDS almost always results in depressed vitals, which means temps are usually subnormal, not elevated;however, fevers are a symptom of Lupus. Lupus and CFIDS have many similarities but Lupus can be determined through blood work up and other factors. Not so with CFIDS. Did your doc check your ANA and Sed Rate? I would actually ask to see a Rheumatologist (if your doc isn't one).

Last edited by peregrine; 10-07-2005 at 05:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #3

Atthis HB User

Hmm, you say CFS usually causes a low temp. and lupus a high one -- my body temp runs low; normal is about 97.6 F. But it fluctuates a lot, I've noticed, and often in the day will be anywhere from 97.2 to 100.6

What does that mean?

Old 10-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #4
(male)

Aristo HB User

Just curious, what do you mean exactly as being diagnosed with Epstein-Barr? Do you have an active infection, and what evidence is there for that? EBV mononucleosis alone would obviously explain your fever, and this can go on for quite a while.

Quote:

I run between 99.5-100.5

I feel like there's weight in my head- like a magnet almost and I also feel like I'm in a fog.

Old 10-23-2005, 12:24 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:

I run between 99.5-100.5

Hello,
CFS/CFIDS maybe the cause for or because of the Adrenal Gland Dysfunction, with all there is a Compromised Immune System that allows previously dormant viruses ie: EBV, CMV. HHV6, the Mycoplasma family like Mycoplasma Pneumonia and others to become chronic active ones. Usually, the immune system keeps these viruses at bay.

Your symptoms sound very much like one of my co-worker's and friend. She has active EBV along with the dx of FMS/or CFS runs a slight temp, brain fog, cognitive thinking problems and bodyaches.

For me, my active virues are CMV, HHV6, Mycoplasma Pneumonia, and Yeast overgrowth, EBV was listed as dormant but chronic (the doctor explained to me that it could activate at anytime along with another type of Pneumonia.) I experienced flulike symptoms, brain fog, cognitive thinking problems, CNS symptoms, joint and muscle pain, IBS, along with a host of others.

I'm the other way re: temp 97.7 and bp 112-114, this was the norm for me. And as I became sicker, each time my temp became lower as low as 96.2 and my bp 80/50-100/50, along with the symptoms in going in major flare-up mode!

With treatment for adrenal dysfunction; boosting the mitochondria; thyroid dysfunction; and the immune system. Along with attacking the viruses, and yeast infection. My symptoms have diminished, now my temp is 98.2 and bp above 120/80. I feel great, tho, still have to beware of over doing it, tho

here's an FYI: I was told most people on earth if they have the Infectious Disease panel shows EBV, most are dormant. Its those, like us, who have either active Mono or have developed CFS/CFIDS. I have also heard that CFS/CFIDS patients have a sliding scale for symptoms and each are different based on the underlying issues. Some maybe dealing with fevers, others extremely low temps, each of us can have varying symptoms depending on where we're effected. uvm

Last edited by ukiahvalleymom; 10-23-2005 at 12:33 AM. Reason: errors in spelling

Old 10-23-2005, 12:36 AM   #6
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Ohh, and the wrists pain, I've experienced as well.

Closed Thread