It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Lightbulb This is the case for me..how about u?

Interesting fact, I read that once you have CFS or CFIDS, you never seem to get the real flu or a real cold ever again.

That has been the case for me...how about you?

Since I've been sick with CFS or CFIDS I have only had the symptoms of it.

CFS is a syndrome characterized by fatigue that is:
Medically unexplained
Of new onset
Of at least six months' duration
Not the result of ongoing exertion
Not substantially relieved by rest
Causes a substantial reduction in previous levels of occupational, educational, social or personal activities

In addition, there must be four or more of the following symptoms:
Impaired memory or concentration
Sore throat
Tender neck (cervical) or armpit (axillary) lymph nodes
Muscle pain (myalgia)
Headaches of a new type, pattern or severity
Unrefreshing sleep
Post-exertiional malaise (lasting more than 24 hours)
Multi-joint pain (arthralgia without swelling or redness)

How about you?
uvm

Old 10-19-2005, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

kiya HB User
Re: This is the case for me..how about u?

I can't claim to have CFS as I don't "meet the criteria" but yeah, since I've been unwell I haven't had a cold or flu either. I thought it was a little odd, but otherwise pretty good - I don't think I could cope with a cold/flu in addition to all this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2005, 08:16 AM   #3
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya
I can't claim to have CFS as I don't "meet the criteria" but yeah, since I've been unwell I haven't had a cold or flu either. I thought it was a little odd, but otherwise pretty good - I don't think I could cope with a cold/flu in addition to all this!
Kiya,
Hi, I know what you mean, I wouldn't want a full on flu...I feel bad enough on the bad days. What have you been dx'd with?
uvm

Old 10-20-2005, 06:24 AM   #4
(female)

kiya HB User

Funnily enough, I was diagnosed with CFS. That was last year. Now my GP reckons it's probably endocrine because I have other things going wrong.

Essentially though, CFS is metabolic. My best guess is that I have fatigue resulting from my metabolism slowing down, possibly due to early hypothyroidism. But that'd be a guess!!

Old 10-20-2005, 08:42 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya
Funnily enough, I was diagnosed with CFS. That was last year. Now my GP reckons it's probably endocrine because I have other things going wrong.

Essentially though, CFS is metabolic. My best guess is that I have fatigue resulting from my metabolism slowing down, possibly due to early hypothyroidism. But that'd be a guess!!
Kiya,
Your CFS dx is probably right on, the FMS/CFS doctor treats me for the underlying problems that are part of CFS, including the Central Nervous System, Neurological System, Adrenal Gland System, Metabolical System, Coagulation System and the Digestive System.

There is a lot more to CFS/CFIDS then the fatigue and sore throats. There is a initial cause that starts it and it does effect every system within the body.

The doctor I see also is trained in endocrinology and specializes in Hormone & Longevity. BC of his own battle with CFS, he made it a quest to get himself well and now he has made it a quest to help others across the country. By opening The Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers.

Ohh, there is so much to share. uvm

Closed Thread