It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

Cascade.Raven HB User
Seasonal symptoms & nausea

Hi. Iím new here. Iím hoping for some clues or maybe some confirmation that Iím not completely crazy. I most likely have CFDS. I have the fatigue or the more accurate description would be complete and total unrelenting exhaustion. What I find most difficult to live with is the series of autoimmune diseases Iíve developed and the miserable symptoms that go along with them. Plus just not feeling like myself . . . like I donít belong in my own body. I know exactly when I got sick and itís been a long slow decline over the past five years with little or no improvement.

Iíve had lots of tests, lots of doctors, and tried lots of things. Iíve seen an endocrinologist as one of my lovely diseases is Hoshimotoís. I see them mentioned a lot here and would be interested in knowing more about the relationship to CFS.

One unusual thing I struggle with is chronic nausea. I donít really find it mentioned anywhere in relation to CFS. Iím wondering if anyone else suffers from this.

The other very odd thing Iíve noticed is I always feel better in the summer and then get sick through the fall and winter . . . really sick! Usually itís flare-ups of the autoimmune diseases along with a sudden increase in the fatigue . . . like someoneís put lead weights in my feet and put a cloud of fog around my head. Has anyone else noticed a seasonal component to their illness?

I need help. The prospect of another winter of misery is very nearly overwhelming.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2005, 03:57 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Seasonal symptoms & nausea

I also have hypothyroidism and Hashimotos. I was told by my endo. that it is not uncommon for people with CFIDS to also develop this. Many people think that CFIDS is actually hypothyroidism, but having both, I can say that although some of the symptoms are similar they definitely are not the same animal.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade.Raven
Hi. Iím new here. Iím hoping for some clues or maybe some confirmation that Iím not completely crazy. I most likely have CFDS. I have the fatigue or the more accurate description would be complete and total unrelenting exhaustion. What I find most difficult to live with is the series of autoimmune diseases Iíve developed and the miserable symptoms that go along with them. Plus just not feeling like myself . . . like I donít belong in my own body. I know exactly when I got sick and itís been a long slow decline over the past five years with little or no improvement.

Iíve had lots of tests, lots of doctors, and tried lots of things. Iíve seen an endocrinologist as one of my lovely diseases is Hoshimotoís. I see them mentioned a lot here and would be interested in knowing more about the relationship to CFS.

One thing I unusually struggle with is chronic nausea. I donít really find it mentioned anywhere in relation to CFS. Iím wondering if anyone else suffers from this.

The other very odd thing Iíve noticed is I always feel better in the summer and then get sick through the fall and winter . . . really sick! Usually itís flare-ups of the autoimmune diseases along with a sudden increase in the fatigue . . . like someoneís put lead weights in my feet and put a cloud of fog around my head. Has anyone else noticed a seasonal component to their illness?

I need help. The prospect of another winter of misery is very nearly overwhelming.
I have experienced the same symptoms you describe with CFS/CFSIDS, the nausea and increased fatigue, along with many more. Usually, I note it to be when I'm in a flare-up mode. It causes me to lose weight fast and drastically. CFS/CFSIDS has caused adrenal dysfunction that caused a compromised immune system which then led to active chronic viruses taking over my body within the CNS and at the cellular level including the blood stream. The higher the level of the viruses the worse the symptoms are.

I tested positive for neurotoxins which have played a big part in the recycling of the flare-ups. Now, I'm on treatment to eliminate them. I hear, great results are ahead.

I have had successful treatment over the last year. see previous posts on this health issue along with Fibromyalgia, Infectious Diseases, Environmental Illness, andthe health issue right below this one (re:CFS),

Today, I feel so much better, symptoms are so minimal, I have to be careful not to over do it.

This winter, time will tell if I have been able to beat this and be only on a maintenance program, from now on! Oh, how I hope so.

I also hope this helps, and hopr to talk to you soon. uvm

Old 10-24-2005, 10:50 AM   #4
(female)

Cascade.Raven HB User

Itís such a relief to know someone else out there is experiencing the same thing. The nausea seems so unrelated and the seasonal part seems just plain olí crazy.

How were you tested for neurotoxins? What were you exposed to? How have they impacted your flare-ups and what treatment are you on? I too have rapid, large, and disturbing fluctuations in weight up and down. Plus extreme water retention when having flare-ups. Very uncomfortable.

Iíve also tested positive for active viral infections. How do you keep the viruses under control? How do you test for them? My adrenal function is also very poor. Weíre currently trying to boost that. I also recently tested very poorly for antioxidant levels and weíre trying to boost that as well.

Do you know whatís causing the nausea and why symptoms/flare-ups would be seasonal?

I got a full spectrum light this weekend and have been using it. I havenít had any nausea or flare-up symptoms since then, though itís only been three days and itís too early to know if itís the light or if Iím just having a ďquietĒ time with my symptoms. Howís that for nuts? I havenít been able to find anything to suggest nausea has anything to do with SAD or our circadian rhythms. Have you heard anything about that?

Sorry for all the questions. Iím just excited to hear Iím not alone!

Old 11-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascade.Raven
Itís such a relief to know someone else out there is experiencing the same thing. The nausea seems so unrelated and the seasonal part seems just plain olí crazy.

How were you tested for neurotoxins? What were you exposed to? How have they impacted your flare-ups and what treatment are you on? I too have rapid, large, and disturbing fluctuations in weight up and down. Plus extreme water retention when having flare-ups. Very uncomfortable.

Iíve also tested positive for active viral infections. How do you keep the viruses under control? How do you test for them? My adrenal function is also very poor. Weíre currently trying to boost that. I also recently tested very poorly for antioxidant levels and weíre trying to boost that as well.

Do you know whatís causing the nausea and why symptoms/flare-ups would be seasonal?

I got a full spectrum light this weekend and have been using it. I havenít had any nausea or flare-up symptoms since then, though itís only been three days and itís too early to know if itís the light or if Iím just having a ďquietĒ time with my symptoms. Howís that for nuts? I havenít been able to find anything to suggest nausea has anything to do with SAD or our circadian rhythms. Have you heard anything about that?

Sorry for all the questions. Iím just excited to hear Iím not alone!
Hi, I took a written and visual test online, bc the neurotoxins affect your vision and the CNS, the visual test is an accurate and viable test. My doctor and I think it is mold or mold spores at my office. My flareups, can be set off by different things like chemicals, I'm hypersensitive to all chemicals, molds, and strong smells.

These affect me all over including the CNS, with hypersensitivity to sound, light, vision blurring, sore throat, swollen lymphnodes in the throat area, nausea, tremors, joint and connective tissue pain, low blood pressure, low temp, extreme weight loss, bowel and bladder problems, period problems, kidney and liver problems, and all over fatigue. (the brain fog has been minimal lately, especially with the treatment and staying months out of the office.)

I think initially there had been water retention, but then I started natural hormones and supplements, it hasn't been a problem.

For the active viruses, I have taken antibitotics, mainly Zithromax 500mg, recently Cipro 750mg, an a Herbal 3 pack, and Diflucan 250mg. If you have Mycoplasma Pneumonia, it takes along time. BC our Immune System is compromised. I have also had IV treatments like, Hydrogen Peroxide, Myers Cocktail with Silver, Gamma Globulin shots. I also take NADH and NT Factor a mitochondria fatigue fighter, with other supplements, and natural hormones to help the adrenal function, and Fludrocoritizone to help as well.

I haven't read about SAD, and I forgot what it stood for?

The nausea, seems to be when my body feels the worst like it's being poisoned by the neurotoxins and viruses. My doctor, Dr Kent Holtorf is positive that it is from something in the building where I work, I don't think that I'm going back. There may also be some nausea if you have Yeast overgrowth. The worse the yeast is the worse you may feel.

It takes medicine and diet change to get better. uvm

Closed Thread