HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Chronic Fatigue (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Have i got CFS??? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/336992-have-i-got-cfs.html)

chrissy16 10-30-2005 12:43 PM

Have i got CFS???

Hi,

i am a 16 year old male. One day i suddenly became ill. It did'nt slowly progress i just became ill. I had a headache for 6 days solid. Since then for 7 weeks i have felt week dizzy ache and much more. At first i thought it was just the flu or something but my symptons have not passed! I feel contantly tired pyhsically exhausted. My legs feel so week! It seems to get worse when i do exercise. After a game of football i feel i can hardly stand.

I became ill after sftarting at a new college. I became dpressed and then became ill. I have never recovrered. It has now been 7 weeks and still very week and tired!

What do you think?

Thnaks

Chris :o

MandyPandy 11-03-2005 08:05 PM

Re: Have i got CFS???

Could be but have you been tested for other things such as Mono or anemia? Bad allergies can also make you dizzy and have headaches.

Hope you feel better soon,
Amanda

Aristo 11-04-2005 12:53 PM

All the symptoms you describe can be explained by a bout of mono. Before I got sick, I had the wrong impression that mono always came with a sore throat, and that was dead wrong as I never had any of the 'classical" symptoms. My symptoms were a terrible headache (like 10/10) and dizziness, fatigue and flu like feelings (with hardly any fever). There are different mono causing viruses (EBV, CMV and HHV-6 etc) and each person gets attacked and responds differently.

[QUOTE=chrissy16]Hi,

i am a 16 year old male. One day i suddenly became ill. It did'nt slowly progress i just became ill. I had a headache for 6 days solid. Since then for 7 weeks i have felt week dizzy ache and much more. At first i thought it was just the flu or something but my symptons have not passed! I feel contantly tired pyhsically exhausted. My legs feel so week! It seems to get worse when i do exercise. After a game of football i feel i can hardly stand.

I became ill after sftarting at a new college. I became dpressed and then became ill. I have never recovrered. It has now been 7 weeks and still very week and tired!

What do you think?

Thnaks

Chris :o[/QUOTE]

chrissy16 11-07-2005 01:41 AM

,my results came back negative for mono!

Aristo 11-07-2005 02:37 PM

Well thats good, I guess, but which 'mono' viruses did they test for? Did they just give you a monospot test for EBV (inexpensive and unreliable), because if they did that could be almost useless. The only way to really rule out mono is to get antibody titers for all three viruses which can cause mono: EBV, CMV, HHV-6. If this syndrome drags on, and you dont get an answer from your doctors, I would insist that they order the the antibody titer tests.

[QUOTE=chrissy16],my results came back negative for mono![/QUOTE]

bonbon1980 11-07-2005 06:21 PM

I was diagnosed with CFS when I was 15 yrs old. Two years later I was then diagnosed with hypothyriodism. You might want to think about getting your thyroid level Checked.

Sureshot 11-09-2005 09:02 AM

Like many known diseases CFS has symptoms that can explain other diseases aswell, Diseases can be very similar to others. With there being no diagnostic test for CFS it would be hard for a doctor to say that it is CFS let alone someone on a messageboard (No disrespect to anyone on here, am new but from what i've seen already some very knowledgeable people on here).

chrissy16 11-10-2005 04:03 PM

yes i was just tested for ebv basic none others. I was also tested for thyroid gland thingy lol.

how long does mono last for then cos it was about 7 weeks...still feel a bit bad sometimes...

Aristo 11-10-2005 04:57 PM

Seven weeks is about average if you had mono. I have been ill since August 4th 2004 (15 months ) and still dont feel 'right'. I have talked to people who have had lingering/relapsing symptoms for months or even years. If you are already recovering things sound really great for you, but dont be surprised if you experience fluctuations, where some days feel worse than others, as this is typical during reconvalescence. If you indeed had mono, you will make a complete recovery, and it sounds like youre on your way to getting rid of it pretty fast. Get well soon.

[QUOTE=chrissy16]yes i was just tested for ebv basic none others. I was also tested for thyroid gland thingy lol.

how long does mono last for then cos it was about 7 weeks...still feel a bit bad sometimes...[/QUOTE]

chrissy16 11-14-2005 01:57 PM

thanks very much for all your help. I hope you all get better very quickly. If you wish to talk more then just post here!