It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
(male)

chrissy16 HB User
Have i got CFS???

Hi,

i am a 16 year old male. One day i suddenly became ill. It did'nt slowly progress i just became ill. I had a headache for 6 days solid. Since then for 7 weeks i have felt week dizzy ache and much more. At first i thought it was just the flu or something but my symptons have not passed! I feel contantly tired pyhsically exhausted. My legs feel so week! It seems to get worse when i do exercise. After a game of football i feel i can hardly stand.

I became ill after sftarting at a new college. I became dpressed and then became ill. I have never recovrered. It has now been 7 weeks and still very week and tired!

What do you think?

Thnaks

Chris

Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
(female)

MandyPandy HB User
Re: Have i got CFS???

Could be but have you been tested for other things such as Mono or anemia? Bad allergies can also make you dizzy and have headaches.

Hope you feel better soon,
Amanda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 12:53 PM   #3
(male)

Aristo HB User

All the symptoms you describe can be explained by a bout of mono. Before I got sick, I had the wrong impression that mono always came with a sore throat, and that was dead wrong as I never had any of the 'classical" symptoms. My symptoms were a terrible headache (like 10/10) and dizziness, fatigue and flu like feelings (with hardly any fever). There are different mono causing viruses (EBV, CMV and HHV-6 etc) and each person gets attacked and responds differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy16
Hi,

i am a 16 year old male. One day i suddenly became ill. It did'nt slowly progress i just became ill. I had a headache for 6 days solid. Since then for 7 weeks i have felt week dizzy ache and much more. At first i thought it was just the flu or something but my symptons have not passed! I feel contantly tired pyhsically exhausted. My legs feel so week! It seems to get worse when i do exercise. After a game of football i feel i can hardly stand.

I became ill after sftarting at a new college. I became dpressed and then became ill. I have never recovrered. It has now been 7 weeks and still very week and tired!

What do you think?

Thnaks

Chris

Old 11-07-2005, 01:41 AM   #4
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

,my results came back negative for mono!

Old 11-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #5
(male)

Aristo HB User

Well thats good, I guess, but which 'mono' viruses did they test for? Did they just give you a monospot test for EBV (inexpensive and unreliable), because if they did that could be almost useless. The only way to really rule out mono is to get antibody titers for all three viruses which can cause mono: EBV, CMV, HHV-6. If this syndrome drags on, and you dont get an answer from your doctors, I would insist that they order the the antibody titer tests.

Quote:
,my results came back negative for mono!

Old 11-07-2005, 06:21 PM   #6
(female)

bonbon1980 HB User

I was diagnosed with CFS when I was 15 yrs old. Two years later I was then diagnosed with hypothyriodism. You might want to think about getting your thyroid level Checked.

Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #7
(male)

Sureshot HB User

Like many known diseases CFS has symptoms that can explain other diseases aswell, Diseases can be very similar to others. With there being no diagnostic test for CFS it would be hard for a doctor to say that it is CFS let alone someone on a messageboard (No disrespect to anyone on here, am new but from what i've seen already some very knowledgeable people on here).

Old 11-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #8
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

yes i was just tested for ebv basic none others. I was also tested for thyroid gland thingy lol.

how long does mono last for then cos it was about 7 weeks...still feel a bit bad sometimes...

Old 11-10-2005, 04:57 PM   #9
(male)

Aristo HB User

Seven weeks is about average if you had mono. I have been ill since August 4th 2004 (15 months ) and still dont feel 'right'. I have talked to people who have had lingering/relapsing symptoms for months or even years. If you are already recovering things sound really great for you, but dont be surprised if you experience fluctuations, where some days feel worse than others, as this is typical during reconvalescence. If you indeed had mono, you will make a complete recovery, and it sounds like youre on your way to getting rid of it pretty fast. Get well soon.

Quote:
yes i was just tested for ebv basic none others. I was also tested for thyroid gland thingy lol.

how long does mono last for then cos it was about 7 weeks...still feel a bit bad sometimes...

Old 11-14-2005, 01:57 PM   #10
(male)

chrissy16 HB User

thanks very much for all your help. I hope you all get better very quickly. If you wish to talk more then just post here!

Closed Thread