It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

schao HB User
No idea what is wrong with me...

Hi everyone--

I have been so called "ill" for 6 years now with no diagnosis. I have had many, many tests done and still no idea what is wrong. Here are my symptoms...
1. spacey/disconnected feeling 24/7
2. brain fog--memory problems, concentration, confusion
3. constant fatigue, I am always tired
4. hair loss--dont know if this has to do with anything or what

Does CFS cause hair loss? So far I have had:
Brain and c-spine MRI--normal
spinal tap-normal
ENG--showed slight weakness in my right inner ear--doctor said that would not be causing these symptoms for so long
EKG-normal
blood tests: CBC, metabolic panel, lyme titer, ana, sed rate, ebv, full thyroid panel, std's, c-reactive protein, and im sure more but thats all i can think of right now.
Everything has come back fine except it showed I had ebv at one time cuz my #'s were elevated quite high. And also, the c-reactive protein # came back elevated as well--dr was not concerned.

Any suggestions for me?
I am a 26 yr old female--normal weight, eat well, take a multi-vitamin everyday.

Thanks for any help!
schao

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: No idea what is wrong with me...

Go to the CFIDS home page. There is a list of qualifying symptoms to receive the official diagnosis. I believe it is 8 out of 11 (or something like that). However, you didn't mention flu-like symptoms or feeling fluey, which is a major symptom of CFIDS. That many bodily systems are affected and all the tests show "normal" is pretty much "par for the course" with CFIDS (if this is what you have).

All the best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 01:08 PM   #3
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Re: No idea what is wrong with me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schao
Hi everyone--

I have been so called "ill" for 6 years now with no diagnosis. I have had many, many tests done and still no idea what is wrong. Here are my symptoms...
1. spacey/disconnected feeling 24/7
2. brain fog--memory problems, concentration, confusion
3. constant fatigue, I am always tired
4. hair loss--dont know if this has to do with anything or what

Does CFS cause hair loss? So far I have had:
Brain and c-spine MRI--normal
spinal tap-normal
ENG--showed slight weakness in my right inner ear--doctor said that would not be causing these symptoms for so long
EKG-normal
blood tests: CBC, metabolic panel, lyme titer, ana, sed rate, ebv, full thyroid panel, std's, c-reactive protein, and im sure more but thats all i can think of right now.
Everything has come back fine except it showed I had ebv at one time cuz my #'s were elevated quite high. And also, the c-reactive protein # came back elevated as well--dr was not concerned.

Any suggestions for me?
I am a 26 yr old female--normal weight, eat well, take a multi-vitamin everyday.

Thanks for any help!
schao
Schao,
Welcome! Your at the right place, do check out the Fibromyalgia topic, too. Having a high level of 'C' Reactive Protein means that there is inflamation somewhere in your body. More testing may be required to determine where and from what. Infections and other underlying things can cause inflamatory findings in lab work with both Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.

I have both viruses and issues with histamine levels which may be part of the inflamation process leading to other symptoms like runny nose, red &/or teary eyes, headaches, itchy skin, minor sore throats, hoarse voice, body aches, joint aches, tiredness, increased fatigue, etc...

Are you having any of these type of symptoms? Do you ever feel flulike, but it never progresses to the point of throwing up?

Hair loss has been a big issue for me, too. With the treatment over this last year when the symptoms subsided before I went back to work the last time. I was pain free, symptom free and I noticed there was no hair all over the sink and counter top, I cried! Called my doctor and thanked him!

Then I got sick again...now that I'm not at work and slowly recovering...13th week on medical leave. Finally again, I have noticed less hair falling out, maybe in another couple of weeks, I'll be crying again with joy!

Hope you find the culprit soon so you know what your dealing with. uvm

Closed Thread