It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Kutapressin approved treatment for CFS

Kutapressin, a Porcine Liver Extract is FDA approved and available to treat CFS, I think it is made from pig's liver with little something from a calf's liver, too.

My doctor sent me up my first batch. Started the treatment on Monday Nov. 8, 2005. I'm feeling better then ever the last two days. I'm still researching info on it, so as to know how and what it really does.

Oh, I just remembered, I did have the liver extract injections down at his office in September, too and felt better.

If anyone is receiving the injections please share, or knows more info regarding it please share with all of us.

thank you, uvm

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
(male)

Sureshot HB User
Re: Kutapressin approved treatment for CFS

So are they pills or do you inject them yourself?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User

I would want to know exactly what they are made of and the listed side-effects.

Old 11-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureshot
So are they pills or do you inject them yourself?
Sure shot, these are injections that are done twice a day. uvm

Old 11-11-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrine
I would want to know exactly what they are made of and the listed side-effects.
Peregrine,
The Porcine Liver Extract is made from pig's liver, and ther are no known side affects, it has been used since the 1940's and has been used for around 15 years to treat CFS.

I believe that Kutapressin is used to elivate EBV, HHV6, and other Herpes zoster. I have these viruses active at the cellular level.

I'll keep you all posted, it looks like I have a 3 months supply to start with. uvm

Old 11-13-2005, 07:03 AM   #6
(female)

squirrel_L HB User

Hi uvm
Can you say where did you get these porcine liver extract shots and how much did you pay for it . Does it really work?
Regards squirrel_L

Old 11-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #7
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_L
Hi uvm
Can you say where did you get these porcine liver extract shots and how much did you pay for it . Does it really work?
Regards squirrel_L
I rec'd the medicine from my FMS and Fatigue doctor, it comes in 30ml bottles, the price was just over $29 for ea bottle. my dosage is 1ml twice daily.

All I can say is how good I feel, I have no CFS symptoms. The puffiness around the eyes is gone, along with the headaches. My brain is as clear as a bell, so is my vision. I have lots of energy and no pain. This week there has been improvement in the PT dept. walking on the treadmill up to 3.1 miles per hour for 15 min without experiencing any delayed muscle fatigue. Right now, I feel that I could probably walk a lot longer, but have chosen to stick to the program and not push it.
uvm
P.S. I also have been on an anti bacterial med for the Mycoplasma Pneumonia, the Kutapressin works on the other infections.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukiahvalleymom For This Useful Post:
callianne (09-23-2011)
Old 11-13-2005, 02:44 PM   #8
(female)

squirrel_L HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiahvalleymom
I rec'd the medicine from my FMS and Fatigue doctor, it comes in 30ml bottles, the price was just over $29 for ea bottle. my dosage is 1ml twice daily.

All I can say is how good I feel, I have no CFS symptoms. The puffiness around the eyes is gone, along with the headaches. My brain is as clear as a bell, so is my vision. I have lots of energy and no pain. This week there has been improvement in the PT dept. walking on the treadmill up to 3.1 miles per hour for 15 min without experiencing any delayed muscle fatigue. Right now, I feel that I could probably walk a lot longer, but have chosen to stick to the program and not push it.
uvm
P.S. I also have been on an anti bacterial med for the Mycoplasma Pneumonia, the Kutapressin works on the other infections.
Thanks uvm
My gf has cfs,and we are trying to get her energy back.She is taking b12 shots right now,getting vitamin iv and foot detox,she is taking a lot of medications also.Do you think its safe to take this porcine liver extract shots beside all this,or should we wait and see if b12 shots will help ,cause she got her first b12 shot today.

regards squirrel_L

Old 11-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #9
(female)

HopeandMe1 HB User

I too have been asking my doctor to put me on Kutapressin. I have done a ton of research on it. The only negative I have read is that when you stop taking it all of the symptoms come back so it is a treatment not a cure. It will be a great thing for many of us. Please tell us what symptoms you were having before the Kutapressin and what you are feeling now. I would love to tell my doctor.

Thanks and good luck!!

Old 11-14-2005, 04:41 PM   #10
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeandMe1
I too have been asking my doctor to put me on Kutapressin. I have done a ton of research on it. The only negative I have read is that when you stop taking it all of the symptoms come back so it is a treatment not a cure. It will be a great thing for many of us. Please tell us what symptoms you were having before the Kutapressin and what you are feeling now. I would love to tell my doctor.

Thanks and good luck!!
Hi,
I read up about the treatment, too and plan to talk to my doctor about the protocol that was stated...varing and pulsing the doses...so that the immune system has no idea how to respond to it. From what I have read, this will help the medicine to continue working.

My symptoms were from the underlying viruses or infections, adrenal dysfunctions, and immune system malfunctions playing havoc through my body from CFIDS...sore throats, joint, tissue, and muscular aches and pains, flu-like headaches, body fatigue, tiredness, low blood pressure and low temperature issues...to name a few.

The brain fog had improvement with other treatments. But I kept experiencing set backs from the underlying problems, thru addressing each of these issues... (See other posts of mine)...Today, I'm feeling real good, energetic, able to exercise, no headaches, or sore throats, very minimal to zero joint, tissue, and muscular aches, blood pressure up, temperature up, and no body fatigue.

There has been a gradual improvement since the end of August with this last week being great! In all areas!

However, I've also been on a regime of natural hormones, supplements, herbals, and prescription meds, ie antibiotics, fludrocortizone, etc...see previous posts here and under Fibromyalgia if interested.

The kutapressin and Omncef have been the latest additions to the regime, I feel so much stronger under this new treatment and I'm praying it lasts.
uvm

Old 12-05-2005, 06:01 AM   #11
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiahvalleymom
Hi,
I read up about the treatment, too and plan to talk to my doctor about the protocol that was stated...varing and pulsing the doses...so that the immune system has no idea how to respond to it. From what I have read, this will help the medicine to continue working.

My symptoms were from the underlying viruses or infections, adrenal dysfunctions, and immune system malfunctions playing havoc through my body from CFIDS...sore throats, joint, tissue, and muscular aches and pains, flu-like headaches, body fatigue, tiredness, low blood pressure and low temperature issues...to name a few.

The brain fog had improvement with other treatments. But I kept experiencing set backs from the underlying problems, thru addressing each of these issues... (See other posts of mine)...Today, I'm feeling real good, energetic, able to exercise, no headaches, or sore throats, very minimal to zero joint, tissue, and muscular aches, blood pressure up, temperature up, and no body fatigue.

There has been a gradual improvement since the end of August with this last week being great! In all areas!

However, I've also been on a regime of natural hormones, supplements, herbals, and prescription meds, ie antibiotics, fludrocortizone, etc...see previous posts here and under Fibromyalgia if interested.

The kutapressin and Omncef have been the latest additions to the regime, I feel so much stronger under this new treatment and I'm praying it lasts.
uvm

How are you doing now? No flares? I'm very interested in this regime and will talk with my doc about it when I see him this week. I've had CFIDS for 13 years. For the last 3 or 4 years my flares have definitely lessened in frequency and intensity, so much so that I thought I was on the road to recovery and decided to renew my gym membership. It felt great getting back and I limited my workouts to two days a week just to make sure I didn't overdo it. After 3 weeks I was hit with a flare as severe as they were in the beginning years of this illness; thus, very severe! If the kutapressin can help with this, and prevent future flare ups, I'm all ears!

Last edited by peregrine; 12-05-2005 at 06:13 AM.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #12
(female)

HopeandMe1 HB User
Ukiavalleymom

Please tell us how the protocol says to use it. I haven't heard about changing the doses around. I am sure we all would love to hear about changing the doses around and what exactly the protocol is. Please help us!

Thanks a bunch!

p.s. I too should be getting my prescription for Kutapressin any day now.

Old 12-20-2005, 05:46 PM   #13
(female)

HopeandMe1 HB User
A Few More Questions Please

I am sorry to bother you but I am so close to losing everything. My home, my husband, and maybe my children if I don't have the energy for them. I am not sure my husband can handle them either. I am the one who use to read to them, spend time with them, and help them with their homework. Now none of this gets done due to the brain fog and the pure exhaustion.

I have read that it takes at least 45 days to feel the effects of Kutapressin do I understand that it only took a few days for you?

My biggest complaints with CFS are Fatigue, Insomnia, and Brain Fog. Did you have these? If so, how much did each improve?

Thank you so much for your help!!! You are a

Old 12-22-2005, 02:19 AM   #14
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Re: A Few More Questions Please

Quote:

I am sorry to bother you but I am so close to losing everything. My home, my husband, and maybe my children if I don't have the energy for them. I am not sure my husband can handle them either. I am the one who use to read to them, spend time with them, and help them with their homework. Now none of this gets done due to the brain fog and the pure exhaustion.

I have read that it takes at least 45 days to feel the effects of Kutapressin do I understand that it only took a few days for you?

My biggest complaints with CFS are Fatigue, Insomnia, and Brain Fog. Did you have these? If so, how much did each improve?

Just wanted to connect and say that I will write back tomorrow...caught this one and its a bit late, I should be in bed...good night uvm

Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM   #15
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Re: A Few More Questions Please

Quote:

Hopeandme1,
First I should say, that Kutapressin is one part of my daily regime, I take natural hormones, supplements, herbals, and prescription meds, also. All of them have been prescribed has part of the treatment protocol over the last 13 months. I've had lasting improvement with the brain fog, cognitive thinking and energy from the mix of NADH, other supplements, antibiotics for the underlying infections, and now Kutapressin, too.

My biggest complaints initially where unrested sleep, insomnia, brain fog, brain fatigue, 'flight or fight' adrenal dysfunction, and a horrible feeling like I'm running on empty...or beyond empty...praying let me get through this moment...feeling like I could just fall flat on my face and be done. As the symptoms worsened and cascaded more parts of my body were affected.

I've had marked improvement with these issues,experiencing no brain fog for months now, even today! I have had a slip in the all over body fatigue this week...its kicking me fairly hard, but, not to the point were I feel like falling flat on my face or needing to sleep in the car between places to be. The cognitive thinking symptoms had disappeared, tho, last night I experienced a bit of a problem with my concentration and short term memory...when I do experience flares, it has not gotten as bad as it was in 2004! Praise God!

Just to let you know...I've been in a flare these last 2 weeks it was maintainable up until the last 2 days...(I need to do the following, too!)

What I have learned through this journey is the requirement to pay heed to the warning signs, to become proactive, and to be very disciplined in all areas: rest, diet, removing foods that contribute to the symptoms, drinking purified water, setting boundaries, taking the prescribed meds on time, being balanced...including a weekly massage, too.

I've added you to my prayer list, hope this helps, uvm

Closed Thread