It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
(female)

squirrel_L HB User
b12 shots

Hi everyone
Have anyone had experience with b12 shots.Im interested in how many shots you suppose to take to actually start to feel better.I know that experiences are different but i would like to know.Thanks
Regards squirrel_L

Old 11-21-2005, 03:26 PM   #2
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
Re: b12 shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_L
Hi everyone
Have anyone had experience with b12 shots.Im interested in how many shots you suppose to take to actually start to feel better.I know that experiences are different but i would like to know.Thanks
Regards squirrel_L
Tho, my treatment started with Intravenous Infusions of a Meyer's Cocktail- magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, B vitamins, and liquid silver. I still would like to share...I wished that I lived closer to my doctor (nine and a half drive is a bit far,but it has been worth IT!) It is probably best to be able to get in weekly for the shots or IV's for at least 4-6 weeks straight. This helps with the muscle aches and fatigue.

For me I went in monthly, I would stay and have 2 treatment one day and then 2 treatments the next day, see the other posts for additional complimentary treatment that works together for overall wellness. uvm

Last edited by ukiahvalleymom; 11-21-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
(female)

squirrel_L HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiahvalleymom
Tho, my treatment started with Intravenous Infusions of a Meyer's Cocktail- magnesium, calcium, vitamin C, B vitamins, and liquid silver. I still would like to share...I wished that I lived closer to my doctor (nine and a half drive is a bit far,but it has been worth IT!) It is probably best to be able to get in weekly for the shots or IV's for at least 4-6 weeks straight. This helps with the muscle aches and fatigue.

For me I went in monthly, I would stay and have 2 treatment one day and then 2 treatments the next day, see the other posts for additional complimentary treatment that works together for overall wellness. uvm
Hi uvm !
Thanks for your post.My gf is going to her doctor monthly, and she is getting vitamin iv one day and some other treatment next day ,but now she started with b12 shots every other day,she is getting them at home.She is on other medications and herbs too ,so we'll see if it will help with fatigue.She became little bit impatient so i was curious when it suppose to start to work.
Regards S

Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Hi uvm !
Thanks for your post.My gf is going to her doctor monthly, and she is getting vitamin iv one day and some other treatment next day ,but now she started with b12 shots every other day,she is getting them at home.She is on other medications and herbs too ,so we'll see if it will help with fatigue.She became little bit impatient so i was curious when it suppose to start to work.
Regards S
I go in for my second b-12 shot tomorrow. So far, no noticable results. In fact, I have felt worse since I got the first shot

Old 11-22-2005, 03:45 PM   #5
(female)

squirrel_L HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaW
I go in for my second b-12 shot tomorrow. So far, no noticable results. In fact, I have felt worse since I got the first shot
Oh im sorry to hear that.Maybe you'll feel better after taking it for a while,and maybe its not proper thing to take,depends on what medications you're taking beside this.You should probably read the posts from uvm about b12 and other treatments.
I wish you all the best !
Regards S

Old 11-23-2005, 11:20 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

NatashaW HB User

Quote:
Oh im sorry to hear that.Maybe you'll feel better after taking it for a while,and maybe its not proper thing to take,depends on what medications you're taking beside this.You should probably read the posts from uvm about b12 and other treatments.
I wish you all the best !
Regards S

Thanks, and trust me...I have read all the other posts, especially by uvm...for about the last six months I'm practially an "expert"on CFS now except I still can't help myself get better!! I think the b-12 does take a while to work AND my doc said there is no "downside" to the shots. They actually gave b-12 shots to soldiers who had "battle fatigue" after WWII and Korea and had good results (OK, so going to war and living in stressed out America isn't the same...but....). Happy Thanksgiving.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:58 AM   #7
(female)

jasminetea HB User

I've been doing the Myers IV cocktail for about 6 months. I would say I've had about a 10% improvement in my fatigue.

I've been doing my own b-12 shots at least 3 times weekly for about 2 months now and I haven't noticed a difference.

I'm currently take a break from the Myers cocktail. Need to give my veins a rest.

How much an improvement have you guys noticed with the Myers cocktail and/or b-12 shots?

Thanks.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

the shots are expensive and did not seem to work for me. Look into sublingual b-12 1,000 mg tablets instead.

Old 01-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
(female)

ctheri HB User

They now have B-12 nasal spray that you can get.... instead of shots. They gave it to my cousin, who was visiting a DAN! doctor (Defeat Autism Now). I'm not sure if this is widely available though, but anything is better than a shot!
-Cindy

Closed Thread