HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Chronic Fatigue (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   Dizziness with heart racing upon standing (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/chronic-fatigue/346251-dizziness-heart-racing-upon-standing.html)

Bristol44 12-03-2005 11:29 AM

Dizziness with heart racing upon standing

How many of you suffer with this symptom? I am so fatigued and having a terrible flare with elevated ESR, RA, Epstein Barr titer antibodies still elevated and whenever this happens, I feel so orthostatic (low bp) and my heart just beats so fast when I stand up and everything. I'm just so exhausted I can hardly function.

Ginny

CottonWool 12-05-2005 09:05 AM

Re: Dizziness with heart racing upon standing

Hmmm if you have EBV and palpitations then as far as I have read, on dr A Martin Lerners website he says his research has shown some people with CFS have EBV and/or CMV infection of the heart and I think prescribes antivirals for it. That may not be you of course but I just remember what I read.

Bristol44 12-05-2005 09:20 AM

Who knows? I just know I feel terrible.

peregrine 12-05-2005 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=GBonnough]How many of you suffer with this symptom? I am so fatigued and having a terrible flare with elevated ESR, RA, Epstein Barr titer antibodies still elevated and whenever this happens, I feel so orthostatic (low bp) and my heart just beats so fast when I stand up and everything. I'm just so exhausted I can hardly function.

Ginny[/QUOTE]

Ginny,

This is not an uncommon symptom with CFIDS. I also know how terrible one can feel in a "flare". I'm in one myself right now. I have tried many things throughout the years, but what always works best for me is Chinese herbs. I see an OMD who takes my pulses (not the same as the western pulse, but gives him a reading on each organ system) and then prescribes just for my system. This may not be for you, but just thought I'd pass it along. Chinese medicine is about balancing the body and that makes sense to me.

Take care

Bristol44 12-05-2005 05:44 PM

Yes, flaring is no fun. I am not sure mine is all CFIDS though because my sed rate is elevated and having arthritic symptoms pretty good now. I just feel really tired and need to rest a lot. No stamina at all. Only problem, is I can't sleep good because I am going through menopause and having night sweats.

Ginny

peregrine 12-06-2005 03:54 AM

[QUOTE=GBonnough]Yes, flaring is no fun. I am not sure mine is all CFIDS though because my sed rate is elevated and having arthritic symptoms pretty good now. I just feel really tired and need to rest a lot. No stamina at all. Only problem, is I can't sleep good because I am going through menopause and having night sweats.Ginny[/QUOTE]

Have you visited the Lupus board? I also have night sweats and trouble sleeping when I am in a "flare". Connective tissue issues, Thyroid issues and CFIDS have a commonality of symptoms. There are differences, though.

Bristol44 12-06-2005 06:09 AM

I have been having thyroid issues and also testing positive continually to RA. I feel there may be an autoimmune component, but the hysterectomy and no hormone replacement now may be the issue as well.

Ginny

Atthis 12-31-2005 08:12 PM

I have those symptoms also. Have you had any cardiological tests done? Been diagnosed with COI, POTS, NCS, VS, NMH, or another form of dysautonomia? I ask because if not, it might be a good idea. Heart racing on standing (tachycardia) is the primary symptom of COI/POTS. And the dizziness is related to drop in BP and other dysfunction of the autonomic system. This could be a major part of what is going on for you. Anyway, it's worth checking out if you haven't already.

PS: I'm only 17, so definitely NOT going through menopause ... and I get night sweats & hot flashes. No fair! Lol.