It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2005, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

Bristol44 HB User
Yeast problems

How many of you suffer with yeast problems? Also, have any of you had any success or experience with any the Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers across the US with getting well. I have tried so many different things and nothing has worked. I'm so frustrated and this darn yeast is annoying because it keeps coming back.

GBonnough

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2005, 06:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: Yeast problems

what kind of yeast problem do you have??

Have you tried a really good acidophilus supplment?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2005, 10:34 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

I've been taking clay powder in a glass of water twice a day for yeast for 6 weeks now and haven't had the problem return. It absorbs yeast and toxins and takes it right out of your body.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Post Re: Yeast problems

As you may know yeast/ candida thrive on sugar so you have to reduce your sugar intake as well as simple carbs that are readily converted to sugar.

There are over 400 different types of bacteria thathave been identified in the gastrointestinal tract and when they get out of balance it causes a yeast type imbalance or infection.

The bacteria can get out of balance for many reasons --such as a round of antibiotics, eating too much salt or sugary foods, spicy foods, too much fatty foods and even alcohol intake.

I have found that eating a good brand of yogurt helps--I like and use Stonyfield Farm yogurt daily -- it contains 4 additional active cultures in addition to the normal 2 necessary to culture any yogurt. It is also the only yogurt sold in the States that contains Lactobacillus reuteri that is cultured and processed from mother's milk. It kills e coli, and many types of harmful bacteria on contact-- it is a patented & cultured in Sweden.

Of the 400+ bacteria in the intestines 57 lactobacillus stains have been identified some re-colonize the small intestines and some just help digestion as they pass through. Unless you re-colonize your intestines -- I think you'll continue to have yeast problems-- they just need to be in balance.

I get a yeast problem every time I take 5 days of almost any antibiotic for what ever reason.

I think the best thing to do is flood your system with the friendly type of bacteria-- for a month or so using the yogurt and some probiotic supplements---

The best supplements that I have used is Pearls (L. acidophilus) by Enzymatic Therapy, Culturelle contains L. GG a form of L.casia that re-colonizes the small intestine bacteria and PB-8 put out by Nutrition Now and contains 8 different friendly bacteria. All 3 of these greatly help overcome the yeast problems. I also drink about 4 ounces of Kefir every other day. It is loaded with friendly bacteria cultures.

I also think taking a digestive enzyme with every meal helps-- the one I have been using for the last year is Essential Enzymes by Sourse Natural.

You can buy all these supplements online at a good discount.

I wish you well~~~Harry

Last edited by Harry; 12-17-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

gort HB User

I so agree with Harry on the acidophilus to fight yeast. Friendly bacteria keeps the colon on the alkaline side so isn't conducive to yeast growth. Acidophilus also aids in nutrient absorption. In addition to upping the friendly bacteria population, I like to directly attack the yeast with its own worst enemy -- another kind of yeast that actually kills candida in its tracks. It's called saccharomyces boulardi. Literally "sugar yeast." It's a non-pathogenic form of friendly yeast that kills the bad kind. While hard to find, it's in the acidophilus section of the fridge in most health stores. My doctor told me about it. He said it is used to treat disentary and food poisoning in Europe. Doesn't take up residence in the gut, but instead kills pathogens and leaves the body through the bowels. It corrects constipation or diahroea, whichever is occurring, too, because these conditions arise from an invasion of pathogens overpopulating the gut.
I've also incorporated drinking clay water to absorb toxins & yeast. They sell anti candida kits with the liquid clay or you can buy the clay powder for around $5 a box & stir a teaspoon into a glass of water or juice. One kit is called Yeastbusters and it has a herbal tincture that kills yeast, a bottle of enzymes called Candizyme for digesting all the parts of the yeast that our bodies can't break down, as well as breaking down carbs & sugar to starve the yeast.

Closed Thread