It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

Miette1 HB User
do i have chronich fatigue?

I know very little about cfs, but lately i have been feeling tired constantly. I am a soccer player, and have been playing pretty much all my life, therefor i have always been in really good shape, and constantly work out, but lately i have been finding myself struggle to go to the gym.
I just finished school, and have been going threw a staggering break-up with my bf, could these things bring on cfs?
What exactly are some of the symtoms for those who have been diagnosed with cfs? I'm not sure if my symptoms are bad enough to see a doctor? But i'd definately like some sort of feedback or helpful info on the subject.
Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #2
(female)

sarjer HB User
Re: do i have chronich fatigue?

hello,
I have just been diagnosed with cfs the last few months. I have suffered with it for 15 years now and it's just horrible. The best thing to do is go to your doctor and have a blood test to see if you firstly have it. The test will show if you have any active viruses present and will then require you to have another blood test 7-10 days later so that you can pinpoint the exact virus.
I am suffering with three different viruses at the moment and with 4 kids to look after it is no fun.
Their is nothing that the doctors can give you to "fix" cfs but their are lots of different natural remedies that you can take.
Go and get the tests done and then come back and if you are positive for cfs then I will help you if I can with some advice on the natural medicines that can help.
Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #3

Atthis HB User

I don't think a breakup, no matter how bad, could 'cause' CFIDS. However, it sounds like you are under a LOT of stress right now. The breakup, and finishing school ... those are stressful things. Stress in itself can make you feel worn-out and exhausted; it takes a toll on the mind and the body. It can also exacerbate problems that are already there, like CFIDS or any number of other chronic illnesses.

What are your symptoms? Can you describe the fatigue? Fatigue can be brought on by so many different things; so if you figure out a list of your symptoms, that's a good starting place. Of course no one here can diagnose you, but we may be able to tell you if it sounds like CFIDS is a possibility.

--Atthis

Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Hi,

I think that if you are predisposed to CFS and have had bouts of it in the past, then stress can definitely trigger an extreme bout of CFS. I had unexplainable fatigue for years before I finally got a horrible case of mono and have been very ill ever since. In the months prior to my mono, I was going through a lot of stress, and was also detoxing from an antidepressant which I believe totally wrecked my body to the point where I had a physical breakdown and contracted mono. Stress in itself does not cause CFS but it weakens your immune system, making you suseptibe to illness.

Last edited by Natalie00; 01-19-2006 at 09:20 PM.

Closed Thread