It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
(male)

Icky_Metal HB User
Allergies or CFS?

I have done a fair amount of research on CFS and am having a difficult time determining if it is something that I'm suffering from. I have chronic post-nasal drip, fatigue, feverishness, headaches, and occassional brain fog. All of these symptoms seem to be attributed to both allergies and CFS. I am allergic to molds, trees, weeds, and grasses. My question is how fatigued are you when you have CFS? I'm ruling it out as something I'm suffering from b/c while I'm tired, I'm not really so tired that I can't live an active life. I imagine those with CFS have great difficulty getting out of bed and staying out of bed. Am I wrong? Are there different degrees of CFS??

Old 02-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

carrielynn HB User
Re: Allergies or CFS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky_Metal
I have done a fair amount of research on CFS and am having a difficult time determining if it is something that I'm suffering from. I have chronic post-nasal drip, fatigue, feverishness, headaches, and occassional brain fog. All of these symptoms seem to be attributed to both allergies and CFS. I am allergic to molds, trees, weeds, and grasses. My question is how fatigued are you when you have CFS? I'm ruling it out as something I'm suffering from b/c while I'm tired, I'm not really so tired that I can't live an active life. I imagine those with CFS have great difficulty getting out of bed and staying out of bed. Am I wrong? Are there different degrees of CFS??
I have chronic fatigue, but I don't think I have chronic fatigue SYNDROME. I'm just tired all the time and some days the fatigue is less than others. There are some days where I can hardly get out of bed and function, but that's usually in the morning and by afternoon/evening I'm feeling better. I can exercise and I'm usually fine the next day. But I have been experiencing a low-level chronic fatigue where I am just not my usual energetic self and most days I just don't feel perky and great. Last year I started having muscle aches, which made me wonder if I had fibromyalgia. But I don't have the classic symptoms of either CFS or fibromyalgia. (And I have seen a doctor who specializes in both and he doesn't think I have either.)

I have had allergies in the past, but haven't had the traditional allergy symptoms -- when pollens are high I don't sneeze too much and I don't have much congestion. So I never connected the fatigue with the allergies. However, I started taking notes regarding when I was fatigued and I noticed patterns -- more fatigue when pollens were high. I finally saw an allergist TODAY and he did skin testing for environmental allergens. They tested me for 53 things and I tested positive for 27 of them! (I am allergic to mold, trees, grass, weeds and other minor stuff.) So they are going to put me on a course of weekly allergy shots (immunotherapy). If it works for me they said I would start noticing a difference in 3-6 months and I would feel a lot better in a year. I am very eager to start on this.

It would make sense that I am fatigued because my immune system is dealing with a daily assault of pollens.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
(male)

Icky_Metal HB User

Thanks for responding. Sounds like we're having similar issues. I've been on allergy shots for awhile, but having difficulty building up to maintenance b/c the reactions I have are so bad. It's a slow process, but we'll see if it makes a difference. Please drop a note if you get a chance and let me know if it works for you.

Old 02-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Hi, I forgot to add post nasal drip to my list of symptoms of CFIDS and FMS. My doctor puts it like this, there are underlying causes with FMS and CFIDS patients that when found and treated many of the symptoms are relieved. If you haven't read the post to Icky_Metal under the thread for The FMS & Fatigue Center, ukiahvalleymom. Please do, its on Chronic Neurotoxin exposure.
uvm

Old 03-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
(male)

infoseeker2 HB User

i too have allergies, mainly food ones.i believe that they could be linked with cfs and im guessing it depends on how the person perceives their feeling, not so much degrees..idk.im currently on a restricted diet of sugars and some carbs and am getting some positive results with that crappy fatigued feeling.

Closed Thread