It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #1
(female)

meredith100 HB User
help with diagnosis/blood tests

Hi,
I am wondering about adrenal hormonal problems since i have scattered symptoms the most prominent of which is chronic fatigue. I am consulting with a doctor, there is a chance it is just a side effect of prescription meds, but I want to consider other possibilities. I have had some blood tests in the past, but not sure if they assess this possibility. what are the standard diagnostic procedures and/or blood tests that reveal problems like high cortisol or adrenal fatigue? My main symptoms that I think could be a symptom of an underlying problem include: extreme fatigue, anxiety, skin irritation and outbreaks, irregular periods and cramps, weight loss and reduced appetite, ocassional diziness and twitching. I have had all of the standard fatigue tests--like hypothyroidism, mono, liver function etc that revealed no problem. Are there other tests I should be requesting?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: help with diagnosis/blood tests

With the symptoms you describe I would also check out auto immune disorders, particularly of the connective tissue variety such as Lupus and scleroderma. There is specific blood work that checks your ANA, Sed Rate and other factors to determine diagnosis. An Endocrinologist or Rheumotologist would be able to help with this and also determine if cortisol and adrenal tests are necessary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread