It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Post Update: Fibro and Fatigue Center-1st appt!

Well I had my first appt. today at the fibro and fatigue center and it was AWESOME. I feel mentally better already! I had about 20 vials of blood drawn (no, really) and a vitamin IV for one hour. Everyone was sooo nice. The doctor could tell just by reading my lab work for the past 1 1/2 years that I am STILL fighting an Epstein Barr Virus, and she could also tell from all my symtoms and by a physical that I very likely have hypothyroidism. AND..just by exaiming my tongue, she could see the yeast on it, so I definitely have a yeast overgrowth. I will be getting my lab results back in 3 weeks and for the next 3 weeks I will also be getting a vitaming and mineral IV once a week.

I suggest that anyone with long term CFS or people who are not getting help from their conventional doctors go to a fibro and fatigue center!!

Also: There is something called "CareCredit" which is a sort of credit card you apply for to pay for medical expenses (not just at this center, but to pay for lots of other medical needs as well) that has payment plans that have no interest for 3, 6, and 12 months. I suggest that anyone who is reticent about going to the center applies for CareCredit online and the Fibro center is very good about working out a payment plan.

As we know, the center does NOT take insurance; However, my blood work was covered by my insurance. I siged up for carecredit for $2,500 and the center will take out the money as needed; Carecredit bills me directly. If I need more money, I can add it; if I don't need it all, they will refund me the amount. You can also file a claim with your insurance company and HOPE that they will reimburse you, but it's not likely.

Well...my total amount for my first visit with all my supplements was over $800.00 So yes, it was costly. But not all the visits will be that expensive. And your treatment may be short, or may be long. You never know.

Will type more about my supplements if anyone is interested.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #2
(female)

rck213 HB User
Re: Update: Fibro and Fatigue Center-1st appt!

Please keep us posted on this board. I am thinking of going to one of these centers.
I was managed quite well by an Enviornmental Allergist who has since given up practice. My CFIDS/Fibro has come back full force the past year and I am having a hard time getting any treatment locally.
I had done vitamin and mineral supplementation based on RBC vitamin/mineral lab tests and also heavy metal RBC tests. I did really well for over 10 years. Aging, changing hormones, work stress, work enviornment (new office) all seemed to contribute to my relapse. I also found I have reactivated EBV and titers showed a recent infection all the antibody levels were positive.
I am interested in following your progress

Old 02-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd34
I hate to tell you this, but the reason you have the Epstein-bar virus is because your body's immune system is being weakened by the microwaves emitted by cell phone towers - and perhaps you also have heavy metals (mercury) in your system which turns your body into more of an antenna.

You're entitled to your "theories," as wild as they may be. My epstein barr was actually a result of mono. I also had a sinus infection for a year and half, which weakend my immune system, as well as candida, and a thyroid condition. And I really don't think you should sound so authoritative in your misguided conviction that cell phone towers caused my condition, as you don't even know me, you don't know my medical history, and I will surmise that you do not have an M.D. You obviously do not understand the complexities of CFS if you could blame it all on heavy metals or cell phone towers. It is wrong of you to act like you know the one and only cause of CFS; giving misinformation can hurt people.
And BTW, I do not use a cell phone, I only keep one for emergencies.

I created this post so others can hear about and benefit from my treatment plan. Feel free to discuss your theory elsewhere, and please don't tell me what caused my condition.

Last edited by Natalie00; 02-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.

Old 02-11-2006, 05:37 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Here is a list of supplements I am taking. It has only been 4 days and I can already notice a difference with the supplements and the vitamin IV I had.

CORvalenM 300 mg

CoQ10 400 mg

Enada NADH 5 mg

MitoMax NT

Orthomega

Super multiple vitamin w/o iron

Old 02-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie00
Well I had my first appt. today at the fibro and fatigue center and it was AWESOME. I feel mentally better already! I had about 20 vials of blood drawn (no, really) and a vitamin IV for one hour. Everyone was sooo nice. The doctor could tell just by reading my lab work for the past 1 1/2 years that I am STILL fighting an Epstein Barr Virus, and she could also tell from all my symtoms and by a physical that I very likely have hypothyroidism. AND..just by exaiming my tongue, she could see the yeast on it, so I definitely have a yeast overgrowth. I will be getting my lab results back in 3 weeks and for the next 3 weeks I will also be getting a vitaming and mineral IV once a week.

I suggest that anyone with long term CFS or people who are not getting help from their conventional doctors go to a fibro and fatigue center!!

Also: There is something called "CareCredit" which is a sort of credit card you apply for to pay for medical expenses (not just at this center, but to pay for lots of other medical needs as well) that has payment plans that have no interest for 3, 6, and 12 months. I suggest that anyone who is reticent about going to the center applies for CareCredit online and the Fibro center is very good about working out a payment plan.

As we know, the center does NOT take insurance; However, my blood work was covered by my insurance. I siged up for carecredit for $2,500 and the center will take out the money as needed; Carecredit bills me directly. If I need more money, I can add it; if I don't need it all, they will refund me the amount. You can also file a claim with your insurance company and HOPE that they will reimburse you, but it's not likely.

Well...my total amount for my first visit with all my supplements was over $800.00 So yes, it was costly. But not all the visits will be that expensive. And your treatment may be short, or may be long. You never know.

Will type more about my supplements if anyone is interested.
Natalie00,
Hi, it's me, I'm so glad you made it there to the center, and started the treatment protocol. My re-check appt is tomorrow, however, I'm planning a phone consult this time. I'm too busy to take the time out to travel 3-4 days round trip at the moment. Where around 30-40 days from opening our 'iSold IT' on eBay Store.

Nat, along with the treatment and dx's that they will find from your blood work, this illness requires DISAPLINE, BOUNDARIES and for me, 'FAITH in GOD, that He's gonna see me through this!' These are the biggest things I have learned through my own journey with this. Setting boundaries and becoming disaplined in all areas of my life has been challenging, but I know for myself its the key to becoming more balanced.

When I fail to stick to my diet, or get too busy and fall off my trek (ie: forget to eat or eat the wrong foods, or get enough rest, or miss my regime of meds,supps, and herbals), pain flares!

One thing for sure, is most days are pretty good for me, now. I cannot use any cleaning chemicals and still need to find out what foods trigger pain in the muscles and joints. Other than that...I'm working out at the gym, I'm energetic, back doing some of the recovery ministry stuff I was doing before.

Just to let you know today the hypothyroidism is under control, it has been for 8 months. The Candida yeast seems under control too, I took Diflucan for a year along with ortho-dygestzymes and changed my diet on 12/15/04. When I'm on the longterm antibiotics I take the Diflucan every other day. There were other underlying issues that were revealed...each person has there own stuff...but one thing for sure is you can get your life back...its not a cure, but it can be managed!
Please keep us posted, uvm

Last edited by ukiahvalleymom; 02-13-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Closed Thread