It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User
To Natalie00

Natalie,

A big hello!

When is you next appointment with the Fibro & Fatigue Center? I'm looking forward to hearing about your lab results and the treatment plan you'll be on.

just to let you know, thinking about you,
uvm

Old 02-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: To Natalie00

Hello!
Thanks for the post. I get my results back THIS TUESDAY!!! Needless to say, I am very excited. Finally, I will get real diagnosis'. I will let you know the results and the treatment plan.

How are you doing? How often do you still go to the F+F Center?? (You don't go to the one in Ohio, right?)

Take care
Natalie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

UVM-

Well...I can't even remember all the things my doc told me were "wrong" with me!! I wish I had written it all down. Here are the things I can remember:

Hypothyroidism: My levels are on the low end of the "normal" range but I am told that someone can be very ill with a thyroid disorder and still be within the "normal" range and this is why they go untreated. Do you have a thyroid condition? Were your ranges normal?

High Cholesterol (LDL): This is verrrryyyy odd. I am a 22 year old normal weight female who does NOT eat fast food and watches her diet. So, I was told that this must be hereditary. My dad does have high cholesterol but he is a slightly overweight 58 year old man, so that is to be expected. My mom is very thin and healthy and I do not know if she has high cholesterol or not. Luckily,I do have a lot of good ( HDL)cholesterol also to get rid of the bad stuff.

I am deficient in magnesium.

I am high in iron. This is a HUGE mystery because not long ago I was anemic and I have stopped taking iron, eat no red meat, ect. I am thinking it might be mistake!

I am lacking in a certain growth hormone.

I am lacking testosterone.

So... I am being given:

Thyroid medication
Testosterone gel
Gamma Grow
Inositol Hexaniacinate
Magnesium Potassium Aspartate
Pregnenolone

I was told to stop taking my birth control pills because they were causing some hormone problem. I don't know what. Do they mess up your hormones??

And all the other stuff I was taking before.
This is A LOT of pills to remember to take!!

Overwhelmed!

Last edited by Natalie00; 02-28-2006 at 07:47 PM.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:41 AM   #4
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Natalie,

Most of the deficiencies you mention here are common among those of us with CFS.

Old 03-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Peregrine-

Do you know if it is recommeneded for people with CFS get a meningitis shot before they go back into the public (I haven't been working or going to school, so I haven't really beeen 'in the public')? Hopefully I will be able to go back to school within a year and was wondering abut the meningitis vaccine which is mandatory to some students living on campus, although I will not be living on campus.

Random question...I know.

Are you get any help for you CFS??

Last edited by Natalie00; 03-01-2006 at 10:01 AM.

Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Inactive

peregrine HB User

Natalie,

Sorry, I cannot speak to your question about Menningitis.

Yes, I am seeing a doc who specializes in CFIDS. I get weekly injections and also take immune booster pills and other things.

All the best!

Old 03-18-2006, 11:00 AM   #7
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie00
Hello!
Thanks for the post. I get my results back THIS TUESDAY!!! Needless to say, I am very excited. Finally, I will get real diagnosis'. I will let you know the results and the treatment plan.

How are you doing? How often do you still go to the F+F Center?? (You don't go to the one in Ohio, right?)

Take care
Natalie
It's me, i didn't drop off the face of the earth...just seems like it

I have been under a crunch, preparing the opening of our store...with working on our Business Plan and Marketing Plan, a week spent at the Corporate Office for training, that I have had no time to spend here. hope this means sad!!

I have been going the the F+F Center in Torrance, California, my appointments have been every 4-6 weeks usually. Sometimes a little longer in between.

I'm feeling so much better, back to living life more fully.

How are you feeling?

I did read your message on your test results and treatment...a thought, I ask for copies of the test results and keep them in a file at home, I also give my primary doctor a copy of them for my file with them.

take care,
uvm

Old 03-19-2006, 01:58 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Hey UVM-

Honestly, I am feeling worse then ever. I was told to stop taking my BC pills because my hormones were all out of wack, and I have felt so tired and sick ever since (2 weeks). I am on thyroid meds, testosterone, and all sorts of other supplements. I don't know what is causing what side effects. I am very discouraged! I am going back for another appt. this wednesday. Will be getting more blood results back (to see what sort of infection I have). Hopefully once they pinpoint the infection and treat it I will be feeling better. To top it all off my sinus' are worse then ever and I can't take decongestants anymore because of the thyroid meds. Can't have surgery now because I am so tired and ill I'd probably react terribly to anesthesia and the stress of surgery. Of course, I can't sleep at night because of the sinus' which is making things worse. I know I need to be patient but I am feeling guility telling my parents that I am feeling worse now because we have already spent over $2,500 in less than 2 months on the treatment.

Woe is me

Deep down, the optomist in me thinks it will all work out in the end.

Old 03-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

UVM

Are you taking thyroid meds???

Or anyone else with CFS for that matter????

Closed Thread