It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 05:08 AM   #1
(female)

sosher HB User
Smile Cfids High Colesterol & Triglyceride ???

Hi smart friends
I have had several colesterol tests in the last 10 years. I wasn't troubled by it because I was in my late twenties.
I am just stumped why my Colesterol of 380 and Triglyceride 840. are so high. for no reason I can seem to figure out . (Dr. added Lipitor.)
My mother takes Crestor for her high colesterol which has to be from hereadiary reasons she is a total vegetarian .
I have cfids for 14 years. I watch my diet every well,
I eat whole grain cereal in the morning or oatmeal. I consider myself semi vegetarian. I do eat small amounts of meat turkey, fish,chicken. as my protien source. but My system prefers vegetables, rices, home made soap/stews. The only processed food products I eat are crackers, normal saltens, triscuits.
I have learned to stayway from foods that don't digest properly.
Does any one else have cfids and high colesterol and triglyceride. Please forward any information that can help or is this a direct result of CFIDS.
I am open to anything possible to get my colesterol / triglycerides down.
Thanks
Sher

Old 03-06-2006, 12:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: Cfids High Colesterol & Triglyceride ???

I am a 22 year old female, not overweight, who eats a healthy diet. Before getting CFS, my cholsterol was normal, now it is high (too high). My doctor explained that lack of exercise can cause cholesterol to jump. Have you been unable to exercise or been a lot less active since getting CFS?? That could be the reason.

I also started a supplement called Inositol Hexaniacinate which can lower bad cholesterol.

Sublingual b-12 has been shown to help with high homocysteine levels (if you have that).

What is your cholesterol/HDL ratio? Do you have a lot of good cholesterol?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2006, 03:58 AM   #3
Inactive

peregrine HB User
Re: Cfids High Colesterol & Triglyceride ???

High cholesterol seems to go with the territory (CFS). I have found that a low carb diet plus taking flush Niacin has given me very good numbers on my lipid panel.

Closed Thread