It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Chronic Fatigue Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
(male)

jimmylongjohn HB User
Is it rush of blood to the head or a virus

Hi there, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me. Over the past two weeks I've had really bad body aches all over 'flu-like,' which have now dissappeared leaving me feel fatigued and tired. I could go to work over that period, and was very active, and I intend to go to work tomorrow. It isn't debillitating, but very noticeable. I understand my body might be fighting off a virus of some kind, which could be anything, on the other hand is it true that depression/schizophrenia can bring this on. I haven't been diagnosed with either but I feel I've had symptoms of the like for the past 5 years or so. I can remember that around about a week before 'flu-like' symptoms arrived I began to regain some of my original brain power so to speak, thought patterns, awareness etc. I was also under a lot of pressure at work, stress and anxiety where all too common. Would this be likely to have triggered my body aches and subsequent fatigue. I would appreciate any help, from anyone who familiar with cfs. I'm having my blood screened on wed which should put the virus query to bed, but in the mean time I would really like someone to shine some light on this matter for me.

Last edited by jimmylongjohn; 03-26-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Old 04-12-2006, 04:15 PM   #2
(male)

Aristo HB User
Re: Is it rush of blood to the head or a virus

When my symptoms of HHV-6 and HHV-7 mononucleosis started, the most noticable changes, in addition to night sweats, strong morning headaches, and body aches, were a type of 'brain fog' and sort of displaced feeling, and the feeling that my short term memory was impaired. This was a different feeling than any other I had experienced as the result of being sick with say, a flu. I think a virus is definitely a possible explanation, among many.

Last edited by Aristo; 04-12-2006 at 04:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: Is it rush of blood to the head or a virus

Guillen Barre, fibromyalgia, mono, and others can cause chronic fatigue. I have fibro, and common symptom was profound CFS, IBS, body-wide flu symptoms, foggy brain, bladder problems, anxiety, on and on. Once I was properly diagnosed and received the correct treatment, my health improved a great deal It's hard when you are going through something like this and the doctors don't have an answer. This can make your mind go a little wonkers. Keep pursuing the course until you have your answer. You might want to check in with a rheumatologist.

Blessings,
Kirstee

Closed Thread